Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Trilogy Remaster: GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭MOR316

Saw all the songs that are missing...

Nah, **** that. Need Billie Jean for Vice City and Running Down a Dream for SA, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Did they replace any of the songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Can’t find the trilogy on the ps store - bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Bought it this morning before work so it will install......Looking at the screenshots has me worried, hoping the patch fixes some of these issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

The GTA reddit page has this painted as a disaster. Same bugs as in the mobile ports. I'm still getting it anyway. Booted up my PS2 last night to make sure it still runs for when I want to play the real McCoy!

To the folks who've been able to start playing at midnight, what platform are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

PS4 but saw this might explain it's absence

The #GTATrilogy Definitive Edition has been removed from the PlayStation Store as Sony set it live too early. It will go live again as it should have done at 3pm GMT along with Xbox and PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The massive volume of soundtrack losses are inexcusable. For a multi-billion dollar company, Rockstar could easily have renewed licenses for the majority of the songs if they ponied up the money for them but the reality is that they didn't want to. This was a conscious decision for the majority of music.

• Advertisement

Ah that makes total sense then! Annoying if you hadn't preloaded up to this point

Agreed completely, I get the feeling the omission of Billie Jean had more to it than just high licence fee demands though. The others I'm surprised about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Having a custom radio channel like the old Xbox/PC release seems like a no brainer don't ask/don't tell workaround, is it too much to hope they did that again?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It adds a shoddy air to the thing if they ditch chunks of the soundtrack. Remakes/remasters are supposed to enhance the originals. Vice City was the first post-PS1 GTA I ever played and the soundtrack was a big part of that.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I have some sympathy when it comes to developers trying to relicense soundtracks of this size (ditto the recent THPS remasters). Music rights by all accounts can grow exponentially more expensive and complicated as time goes on. While I've no doubt Rockstar have a healthy and substantial warchest, the problem is often more complex than simply throwing money at the issue. And even a remaster of this scale and profile won't have infinite funds available.

None of this is ideal, of course, and like many things licensing law should be properly reformed to ensure rights don't expire or whatnot. Musicians also deserve to get paid when their game features in a rerelease. But I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for a developer to say no if the price is too high or the conditions too strict. If they're just being cheapskates, that's a different matter.

Jesus lads, open YouTube and stick on Billie Jean and be done with the complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's not the same tho

The joy in it is randomly coming across it when flicking through the radio stations

Same in real life, sure we can play whatever whenever on Youtube/Spotify, but there's something more joyous about a song you like coming on the radio randomly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Write a computer script that’ll have Billie Jean blast out of your phone at entirely random times of the day and night. Odds are it’ll eventually happen when you’re playing GTA. Sorted 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Some of the screenshots of minor characters definitely don't look great in terms of how the remaster was done, but the cities look fantastic. Overall I'm sure it won't have that big an effect on the games.

Besides, the characters always had weird janky monkey arms anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

• Advertisement

I saw a video of San Andreas where he takes a plane into the air and you see the entire island, crystal clear to the distance. It looked like a little toy island.

I know the island technically is very small compared to modern GTA but it looks ridiculous without fogging.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

As someone who was concerned about the soundtrack, I’m actually happy enough with the final result. I was expecting a lot more to be cut, and some are forgetting that nearly all of the big hitters in Vice City and San Andreas are still in there.

I couldn’t be happier that K-Rose is almost untouched. The best radio station in any GTA, ever. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

On a console, do yourself a favour and turn off aim assist.

Can't wait to drive around Red County in a flatbed listening to All My Ex's Live in Texas!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

K-Rose. Memories are flooding back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm getting flash backs of being arrested by the cops and dumped in baller territory. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You need to get a hair cut CJ, it's embarrassing being seen with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Old PC versions had a custom radio station where you could just drag and drop in Mp3s.

I am sure the PC version will have very similiar but for all stations, god bless the unreal engine, pretty sure we be driving Thomas the Tank Engine by the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭MOR316

If you're referring to the allegations, it was removed due to licencing reasons, long before any allegations was made.

Besides, the two lads had their cases thrown out for telling porkies so what's the problem?

Advertisement