Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Trilogy Remaster: GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just thinking about the absolute ballocks rockstar pedalled with this one. Saying they are source ports to unreal which would have fixed all the issues with the awful ports based on the android games.

But no. Source port means source port of the android version. That's false advertising as if they had explained that it would be a red flag to avoid this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The rain effect is absolutely criminal and unforgivable when you see it not render on water surfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I was in the countryside in SA at night without street lights when it was raining and couldn't see anything. Like actually nothing. I was in the city driving at night when it was raining but you could still see as the street lights help.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can't find the PlayStation Ireland phone number. Sent an email at the weekend and they said on Monday they'd get back within 48 hours but i just wait an answer if a refund is possible or not as i haven't even touched VC or SA. Doubt i will finish 3 in its current state.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Same as me, I thought people were being critical with this online but yeah rain in the countryside is awful you are practically blind driving it's very bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PC specs being more than RDR2 on PC was a bit of a warning, hopefully will be fixed was looking forward to playing them all again.

Mods on PC have reinserted all missing songs so thats nice.

Have you gone into the settings and turned the contrast all the way down and the brightness up a touch? Raining or not the defaults were much too dark and I changed them as soon as I launched the game for the first time.

It's still really bad but makes the rain a little easier to deal with out in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

Post edited by endainoz on

Wrong thread man.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Shutting the late bars is definitely an overreaction to the GTA trilogy remaster being crappy, I'd agree.

• Advertisement

Was hoping this would be better. Played 3 and VC at the time but not SA.

Do ye reckon it could be good with some work?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I think this is fair:

I won't be buying this I think. I can't see Rockstar bothering to fix it properly either.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Ah you missed out big time. It's alright now but not great but was a brilliant game back in the day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I very much doubt there's much they can do with this game. The base code is the awful android ports so it's always going to be hobbled with that. There are some minor visual stuff that could be fixed like the rain effect. It's however broken at a fundamental level since the framework was so bad to begin with.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Android ports? Seriously? They created the "definitive edition" from android versions of the game?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

I don't know what they done but they didn't do much. It's like playing the PC version with a few mods.

Yes, Android ports. All ports since the original PS2, XBox and PC releases have been based on the Android ports.

Confirmed by Digital Foundry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

This is turning out to be such a disaster I say they should pull a cyberpunk on it. Withdraw it from sale,offer refunds to all up to a certain date. Only re release when what fixes can be done are done.

It's truly disgusting behaviour from one of the biggest devs and publishers out there to release this.

Whatever about delaying it and maybe try make it the best version it can be givin how they ported it,but just releasing this garbage in current state is a joke. Software industry gets away with murder

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Apart from the PS4 port, but I suppose it’s fairer to to call that an emulation.

I’m becoming more and more glad that I still own those versions on my PSN account. Not the prettiest games on a 4K TV, it goes without saying, but they hold up very well for what they are.

EDIT: Turns out that PS2 port never made it to the Xbone, post corrected.

I say just don't buy it at all. F*ck them if this is what they're about.

From @Retr0gamer's post above, it sounds like they'd have to do proper remasters from scratch if it was to be done properly.

• Advertisement

I learned my lesson with Total War: Thrones of Britannia. Never again. Well, until Victoria 3 opens for them but that's a special case.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sometimes a game bombs at release and I'm annoyed I preordered and didn't just wait. Sometimes a game bombs so hard at release that I'm kinda glad I was there at the ground floor to experience it.

That said, I am genuinely enjoying Vice City. Glitches here and there, but grabbing an Angel from Big Mitch Baker's bar and cruising up and down the long stretch of the second island to V-Rock still feels every bit as great as it did almost 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Vice City certainly feels like the least $hit of the three.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Rockstar have stopped responding to my refund ticket despite me sending a message or two a day asking for an update. I notice on the gtaforms they send the same stock response out to everyone. They appear to be trying to play a stalling game here and were hoping that turning the lights back on (making the game work again on the launcher) would shut everyone up.

Made a request through the xsolla merchant as well, other than that not sure what else to do tbh. I won't be buying games through the social club ever again anyway. Avoiding GTAVI would be easy enough, I didn't play V and didn't enjoy RDRII

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

Ha apologies, post edited, got a good laugh from the thread anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The lack of some tracks aside ruining the vibe. Vice City is still super fun

Giving me some serious nostalgia pains. I was 17 when this came out. A lifetime ago.

Yeah enjoying SA but given it's the game I played the least of the 3 back in the day (I had my first real job when it came out lol) but finding certain radio stations like 2 or 3 of them seem to be favoured as defaults when getting into cars. Don't recall that being an issue way back when.

Also I'm plugging my way through San Fiero and I've realised I have ZERO recollection of the desert area of the game outside of a hotel you take missions from I think. I know I finished it but I also recall not 100% it back then either unlike the other two games for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

In GTA3, If you switch between your weapons fast by tapping L1 you run faster. Don't remember that being in the game before

Advertisement