Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Trilogy Remaster: GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas

Options

Comments

No way I'm parting with that kind of cash for them unless some serious work has been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, with those price tags I would definitely want the 3 of them to look like V. No way I'm paying that much for 15+ year old games with a shiny coat of paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

76.85 is such a weird price, hopefully just a placeholder.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jesus, I was expecting €40, maybe €50 at a push if there's been a good chunk of work put into them.

I'm guessing that must be a conversion to euro from some other region, same with the other prices saying you save €6.09 or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

What exactly would be different between the PS4 and PS5 version here for that extra €12. 120fps?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

What was the chronology of games?

I only ever really remember playing GTA San Andreas but I think I remember GTA vice city stories being around too.

I'm looking online and it's showing that Liberty City stories was a handheld game?

Is an expansion back basically a new game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I never got the love for Vice City over San Andreas. The map was a bit boring, with narrow islands, the story was a bit bland and it was just nowhere near as immersive as San Andreas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Liberty City and Vice City Stories were PSP games that got ported back to PS2.

Way too much down time and faffing about in San Andreas. It's a much more impressive game visually and the world is vast but just wasn't nearly as much fun as the tightly designed Vice City.

It also had some stinker missions mostly involving miniature helicopters and planes. (Not that VC wasn't without difficulty spikes either).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

My biggest concern is that they lost the rights to all the music, im sure with the likes of Twitch and youtube that there will be a fair few music execs rubbing their hands together.

I have a feeling itll just be 1080p remaster, base game will remain the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Didn’t you have to keep eating or going to gym with the character in San Andreas? That was a pain . Hopefully not in the remaster

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I went back a few years ago to try have a go at playing the old games again, it really surprised me just how sparsely populated they are compared to 4/5.

I'd love to play GTAIV again. The lost and the damned add on was great if I remember correctly.

Mad that it hasnt been made available to ps4/5 owners

Speaking of 4, now that's a remaster I'd love to play. QOL improvements like checkpoint system in missions would have me so over that.

I think it impacted your fist fighting and running / cycling.

But you could definitely just ignore it and get by fine.

Nope, it affected stats and how well your character performed. It was RPG level stuff.

You could spend a while maxing out stats and then not having to think too much about them but was still as grindy as a NES JRPG and not particularly fun. Which is another point to vice City.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

That really suited the countryside parts of San Andreas, but was a bit weird in the other two

Yeah I'd have much preferred a remaster of 4. It wasn't the best GTA game by any stretch, but a few improvements and it'd be way more enjoyable to replay than the others. The DLCs were top notch too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I play The Lost and Damned a few times a year and it still is excellent.

I'd go so far as to say GTA4 was kind of bad. The DLC were great but GTA4 is a very weak game. It's got the worst car handling of the series as well, trying to be more realistic rather than the hollywood chase scene physics of the rest of the series.

And the 'humour'. Brucie was just painful but the rest of the game was just as bad.

GTA4 was the one I just could not get in to. It came out when I was in my first year of college, got it delivered to my dorms, took the day off to play it, major disappointment.

Driving was crap, the story was crap, I think I barely played it at all in the end.

Biggest issue with the driving in GTA4 was the camera, where you had to permanently hold the right stick down a little to see what was ahead of you as none of the preset angles were of any use.

Yea it was not something you noticed at the time playing it, but once you've played the new games and go back to them it just hits you in the face how barren they are. You're driving around cities with hardly any cars or people about.

Things they have to fix for me are checkpoints in missions and the aiming/controls need to be modernised.

I think the worst thing about the driving was the poor performance of the cars the majority of the cars on the streets were **** boxes, slow, clunky and not fun to drive. This was fixed somewhat in the gay Tony dlc as you'd come across more sporty cars that are great to drive.

I liked the realistic heavy feeling of the cars but yeah, long journeys were a chore made worse if you were killed best the end of a long mission and have to start all over again which probably need you to drive to 2 different locations before getting into the good stuff.

Have to say, the Ricky Gervais comedy performance is one of the greatest skits I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I created a gta4 thread on here during the year proclaiming my love for the game as I bought it off the xbox store again.... while the game is great it does dip at a certain point in the game.

The setting is good, Niko is great, problem is about half way / three quarters in gets a little boring. I then remembered I had that issue when it originally came out years ago.

As for the trilogy remaster it's a rip off. It's not like these games haven't been on major platforms in 15 years. I could go on psn or xbox and buy gta3 if I wanted now. I get that the idea of it is to make money by offering versions for ps5 etc. So the next-gen consoles have a port. I just don't see a point to buy it personally speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

GTA3 has to be one of my all time greatest gaming experiences. I bought it at the start of mid term break during first year of college and then headed back to my hometown to see my mates. We fired it up around 6 o'clock on a Saturday evening, with the intention of playing it for an hour or two before heading out, but we were still playing at 6am the next morning. It was incredible. As big a wow moment in gaming as Doom was a decade before.

The following couple of years and the releases of VC and SA were so exciting, seeing how they could expand on this amazing formula. Still remember taking control of the helicopter in VC and finally be able to properly fly around a Rockstar map. I miss feeling like that about games now.

But you could fly around the map in GTA3.

It's your fault and not the games fault that you weren't man enough to fly the Dodo.

Speaking of which the pass the controller contests my friends had for staying in flight the longest with the Dodo were epic.

• Advertisement

I think they messed up the Dodo controls intentionally because of 9/11

Advertisement