Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clueless....Demolition & Self Build

Options
  • 09-10-2021 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking at a potential demolition of a derelict cottage and build my own house on the site. Ideally 3 bed with a small office,nothing overly fancy.

Genuinely haven't a clue where to start, could anyone give me a run down of the full process from planning, design, demolition,construction etc. including the professionals I need and likely costs etc.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭SunnySundays

Bump! Anyone at all?

Even a starting point would be very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Hi, I’m not a professional but for our renovations we engaged an architect first off. You would probably need a QS too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Definitely need some sort of plan, lots of different equations here.To name a few How well you want to insulate, heating, quality of foundations, ground quality and what part of country will have a big factor.

The way materials are going at the moment it's not going to be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,055 ✭✭✭✭muffler

To get you started you will need either an architect, engineer or technician. Ask about locally for recommendations or have a look at your local council's website for online planning applications in the general area and see who the most popular agents are.

You can get a firm that will supply all services to you including engineers and QS or you can engage them individually.

Advertisement