Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Children's Channel

Options
  • 09-10-2021 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Went down a rabbit hole of looking at old tv listings on the Irish Times archive this evening. I can see that on this day back in 1992 I was more than likely enjoying tv shows such as Captain N - The Game Master, Once Upon a Time...Life, Round the Bend and Round the Twist.

Can remember a load of themesongs from some of the other shows. "Cupido, oh, oh, make no mistake love to him is a piece of cake.". Secret Valley sung to the air of Walzting Mathilda. "They're My Favourite Martians, you won't believe the things they do, and you're gonna love them too."

See anything on here worth watching?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Once upon a time ... check (french)

You cant do that on TV ... check (canadian)

Katts and Dog ... check (canadian)

Round the Twist... check (australian)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Láidir agus Dílis

Memories🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Knew I had somr off air, https://youtu.be/Txgf36-b0E8 at 3:06 is a tiny bit of tcc. prob more. Must dig. Sorry sound is low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Kind of went down a huge rabbithole of finding TCC content on YouTube and elsewhere since I posted this. Not a lot out there, so if you did come across anything I'd really appreciate it.

My ultimate wish is to once again watch Telecat in English!

Kids these days would not be able to get their head around Round the Twist. 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Good find! Taken from Cablelink Dublin and includes the tests of the Premiere film channel scrambled in Discret 11. It didn't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Closed 24 years ago today! Here is the final day's schedule.

Advertisement