Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yea I might leave it for the moment and send it off in January to get it sorted.

I'm actually surprised it's not broken worse because it fell from waist height onto the corner and there's only a small chip and about 5 small cracks.

Only issue I have sending it off is I have an eSim and the One Plus 5 I have as a spare doesn't take one of those so I'll need to get a replacement SIM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

I assume you are with VF (if you have an Irish eSim). This is from their support pages:

You can contact us through the Chat button on this screen, or call into a store, where we can deactivate your eSIM profile and set you up with a new one. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi

Has anybody got WiFi calling with GoMo.? I have Pixel 6, changed to GoMo for the WiFi calling but so far no go. Contacted support but so far only a reply tI received was to "enable it on my phone".

I believe it must first be enabled on their server then I get the necessary options on my phone, No?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭micks_address

i may be wrong but my understanding is that only vodafone have wifi calling on pixels in ireland.. something to do with phone / network both having to do something.. there's a mention of it somewhere on the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

You're only option for Wi-Fi calling is Vodafone bill pay.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

As above.

Wifi calling is a network dependant feature. Don't expect WiFi calling from Eir/GoMo anytime soon as they don't sell Pixel phones.

Hi

14.99 down the drain, but will ask for refund as advert did not specify would not be available on all phones

Just looking at the website FAQs there you appear correct.

Can I upgrade to get WiFi Calling or 4G Calling?

Initially WiFi Calling and 4G Calling are only available to customers who signed up to GoMo after 9th April 2021. Don’t worry WiFi Calling & WiFi calling will be made available to all GoMo customers in coming months.

Might be worth asking the question directly in chat or by email about Wifi calling.

If you signed up within the last 2 weeks, you are within your 2 week cooling off period. Technically I think the clock starts from the day when you received your sim card (AFAIK).

What happens if I cancel during the 14 day cooling off period?

If you want to cancel during the 14 day Cooling off period, just let us know here.

If you cancel within your 14 day cooling off period your cancellation will take place from midnight on the day you cancel. To keep your mobile number you must move your number to another network before this cancellation goes through. We will send you an email to confirm your cancellation.

Hi

Thanks for replies. Think for now will remain with GoMo. Just saw Vodafone charges calls via wifi same as 4g. I thought they were free 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just noticed my bose tracking page says 'Last Updated: 11-18-2021', but it still just says claim approved? Even though it was approved on the 4th.

I wonder what they are doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

Last year on the Pixel 5 offer I only received my headphones in the week before Christmas. Checked there and my validated email came on October 19th 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Is it QC 45's for everyone now, or is anyone getting the Bose 700's recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Yeah my updated date has changed too, but no actual progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 WhatBiscuit

Has anyone had issues with poor 4g/LTE performance on 3 network? I noticed that in some areas the phone wouldn't hold a LTE connection and would constantly drop to H+.

On further investigation it appears that Google went with a Samsung Exynos Modem instead of a Qualcom one which the majority of phones use. This exynos modem has shown poorer performance compared to Qualcoms.

I'm seriously considering returning the device if this is an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭micks_address

on 48 months here which is basically 3 and no issues with lte

Thanks for confirming.

Might not be an issue at all. I could be just reading too much into it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

+1 Mine is exactly the as you describe, really annoying.

Are you with 3 as well?

I've found others on reddit who have experienced the same issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'm on GoMo and will keep a closer eye on it when out and about. I remember seeing LTE plenty of times and H+ as well but was not paying very close attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

I'm not sure that there are any great issues with the Samsung Exynos 5123 modem and 4G. It only falls behind in performance when it comes to 5G afaik. I'm on GoMo and it's on LTE most of the time, which I find fast enough. Bear in mind that your quality of service will vary according to distance from cell, local geography and infrastructure/buildings as well as the number of local connections at the time which may cause the cell coverage to "breathe" (contract/expand) with load. It's always a moving target and unless you're testing with a number of handsets at a particular point in time then it's difficult to draw conclusions

Yesterday evening went to Smyths in Tallaght (to pick up the PS5 ;-) and was looking it while in a Free Now taxi, it kept LTE all the time, didn't see it drop to H+ at all. More analysis in the next few day. Will be going into town on the LUAS this evening.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

I'm having big issues on 3 with signal dropping, seems to be location dependant. The modem just seems weaker, as the same sim works fine and holds signal fine in a number of other Android phones in the same locations. Frustrating thing is that when the signal comes back after an aeroplane mode reset it's strong (until dropping again in 20 mins). I wouldn't know enough to say if it's software or hardware. There are threads on Reddit about this and seems to be mostly on 3 in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Yes i'm on 3, no problems with pixel 5. I thought I might have damaged sim when changing to pixel 6 so got a replacement but no joy still terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 30 swai

Finally got my claim for the bose approved today. It didn't mention anything about the QC 45.

Are we still getting the 700's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

Mine was approved a few weeks ago, about a week after I got the phone. Nothing has changed since - website showing Last Updated 2021-11-24. Nothing about what I'll be getting though,

Similar here, website showing updated on 28/11/2021 but I heard nothing since the initial approval!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Out of interest, can you let me know if your LTE doesn't work sometimes if you leave your house/WiFi network without changing any settings?

I'm on GoMo too, and on my old phone I would have to switch to airplane mode and back to get mobile internet working. Didn't happen with this new phone until today. Often occurred when it's borderline reception, like putting Spotify on when I'm heading out the door.

I've since noticed that mobile data drops to Edge when I'm on a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Not that I've really noticed. Some mornings, when I go for a walk, I'm connected to the Wi-Fi in house and it picks up the radio station on LTE no problem as I walk away. I have Adaptive Connectivity enabled in the settings so I don't know if that helps a bit? But I guess where you're standing at the very edge of good reception on Wi-Fi, things might get a bit ropey but that's probably the same on a lot of phones. It certainly used to happen with my last one. One thing that I noticed today was that in one or two black spots where my OnePlus 5 would drop connection the same doesn't seem to happen with the Pixel 6. Now, it's possible that gomo have updated their network in that area or Chrome/Android 12 is doing a better job with buffering, but it's more likely that the phone is just picking up the LTE signal better. That's not to say other people aren't having issues with other networks of course.

Advertisement