Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 swai

Just got this email from Google when I asked about the claim. I'd prefer this offer to be honest. Will either get a case and charging block or pixel 2 stand if it's out then.

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

That is correct, you will receive a pair of the latest Bose Quiet Comfort 45 headphones in black and a £50 Google Store voucher. Totaling a gift value of £369.95.

Please note: Google Store vouchers will be a single-use code and valid for 3 months after issuing.

We’re certain you’ll love your new reward.

If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

was this routine status enquiry? I might give it a try then :) Hope true for Irish sales too

I called them for an update on the claim and they told me I needed to submit some documentation. I got an email from them that it was approved so I replied asking about what headphones I would get.

The purchase was actually made in the Irish Google store, it was probably just a copy and paste reply showing pounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

Hopefully you get what Google9to5 reported that on Google put a notice out on its German website :

"Due to their high popularity, the Bose Noise Canceling Headphones 700 (worth €399.95) are currently not available... [They are] being replaced by an incredible limited-edition bundle that includes a pair of the latest Bose QuietComfort 45 headphones in black valued at €349.95 and includes a Google Store voucher worth €75! A total gift value of €424.95!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

I noticed it drops to H+ when I am on a call. I'm on GoMo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

No issues with it myself it's actually better on the Pixel 6 than my 4a was. On 48 on main sim and have vodafone as an esim to try out coverage in work as I was only getting one bar of H+ in work and no signal at all a lot of the time on my Pixel 4a. Stayed using the vodafone sim for a while in the Pixel 6 and have switched back to 48 for this month. I actually have 4g most of the time now though it does drop to 3g in parts of the building but at least I have a signal all the time now. Coverage at home and work is good enough for me but I will say in general out and about Vodafone is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Uhar14

I really hope I get the 700s, the only reason is the QC45s are micro USB. I dont even care for the €75 credit as the convienience of USB C is worth more to me.

I just know with previous devices, I would always lose the micro UBC charger or it would stop working or something would happen making it a hassle to charging the device every time. Even now, the only power adapters I have are USB C so it would also mean carrying around another power adapter too (first world problems, eh!)

*Edit - I just checked the specs on the bose website, dont know where I got these Micro USB info from. Now Im happy either way!

What’s in the box

• QuietComfort® 45 headphones
    • Carry case
    • 30.5 cm USB-C charging cable
    • 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm audio cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

I only submitted my claim this morning as my phone just arrived. The website did say the same message about giving the QC45 + voucher.

We have some news...

Due to unprecedented demand and global supply challenges, the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 (worth €399.95) are currently unavailable.

However, your reward will be replaced with an incredible limited-edition bundle containing a pair of the latest Bose QuietComfort® 45 headphones in black (worth €349.95) and a €75 Google Store voucher. Totalling a gift value of €424.95!

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused. But we're certain you'll love your new reward.

Yes the QC 35 were micro usb. The 45 are USB C. They were only released a couple of months ago.

I'm also down to all USB C charging leads now. Micro USB leads were terrible to use and always broke.

• Advertisement

ok thanks, i emailed them just now, lets see what they come back with, claimed on 9th Nov, not sure if they had 700 then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

Is this still out of stock? I've been on the waiting list since the first week in November.. weird to have heard nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭positron

Also waiting since they approved it 5th Nov or so.

So if they are going to send QC45 instead, will they send a black pair? I hope they do!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Does anyone have a recommendation for a case that doesn't have sharp edges around the charging port hole or even better doesn't cover the bottom of phone?

My pinky naturally sits at bottom of phone, and I find that most cases end up scratching my finger around the cut out for the charging port. I got a cheap tpu case to tide me over, but it's doing it anyway, so I'm looking for something else or I'll have to go caseless.

I have a 6, not pro. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

I've got the official Google case for the 6 and, rubbing my finger around that area now, I find it hard to imagine that it would scrape but YMMV

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Heraclius

How are people finding the phone? I'm currently thinking of upgrading from a Samsung S8 and I'm divided between the Pixel 6 or maybe either an S20 or S21. Decent memory, decent battery and a good camera would be my priorities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,784 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Was at a gig last night and took a few photos and a video. The pictures look great, first time I've really noticed a significant increase in picture quality over previous phones, as opposed to the well lit landscape shots I had been taking since getting the phone. Almost makes the crappy fingerprint scanner worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

How long did it take to arrive after ordering the pro? I ordered November 12th and no sign of it dispatching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

It's ok, have to say it wasn't the most exciting upgrade and I would be disappointed if it wasn't coming with the free headphones.

There are some annoyances with it. Fingerprint sensor is poor, definitely worse than my previous phone which also had an under screen reader. Android 12 feels more basic than previous versions and there are some inconsistencies on the lockscreen. Bit more amateur than I was expecting tbh for what should be a mature OS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 darthwilson

Hey there,

I have a pixel 6 pro and I am with Three Ireland. I'm having a terrible experience with my phone.

At home, SMS messages take forever to come. This was an issue when I was setting up anything with two factor authentication like online banking. Took ages for texts to come in.

Then there is the data connection issue, mine will constantly jump from LTE to H+ or H. I had a OnePlus 7 pro and I'd always nearly have a 4G connection

Then there's the issue where mine displays, LTE, H+ or H in the top right status menu. Every single phone I've ever used in the past shows 4G, 3G, etc. My friend has the same phone in the UK and his displays it as 4G. There doesn't seem to be any option to switch it.

There's another fellow on Reddit who has all the same issues as me, he's probably in this forum no doubt. He's had new SIM cards from three and a replacement phone but still unresolved.

I'd say that I'd you are on three Ireland, don't get this phone. The camera is great but the signal is crap.

Still waiting for my Bose headphones too 🤣

ok received reply, so not everyone is getting QC45 series :) .....most probably applicable for all applied during first week of Nov, sorry 😋

"We can confirm your claim was approved on 12th November, with the Bose 700 assigned as the reward.

We will notify you as soon as your reward has been dispatched."

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Hopefully we will see an update today or this week. They normally release on the first Monday of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

It will be out, probably in an hour. Hoping for a huge list of bugfixes myself.

I have pixel 6 and with Virgin Media (uses Three internally). No data connection issues or receiving SMS/OTPs. Probably 3 is not great in some areas (just saying). Fingerprint sensor is extremely terrible, no doubts there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Another annoying thing with this phone/Android 12...

Opening links in their apps. Is it working well for anyone?

If you're in the HUKD app and open a deal for Amazon, can you get it to open in the Amazon app at all?

Amazon app is set to open 52 variations of URLs in the Andoird settings like .com/.co.uk etc. but it just doesn't work. The web URL is on the list but it is https which I thought wouldn't really matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Pixel 6 and 6 pro update won't be released till next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The official Pixel 6 charger is reduced to £22 on Amazon. Not in stock until early January though.

Edit:

Official Pixel 6 Pro case is reduced to £17 as well

Advertisement