Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Inferior antenna information is out there.

Article is here

To add to that and it's obviously anecdotal, I've seen posts on various forums saying those who got replacement units ran into the same issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

That's the modem, not the antenna.

Regardless, the Pixel is using a modem that would be used in various other phones, and I haven't read of any other phones with that modem that have connectivity issues. It definitely does seem to have worse 5G performance than it's Qualcomm equivalent, but that isn't anything to do with general connectivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Did anyone get a screen protector for the 6 pro that they are happy with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Just coming to the realisation that I have reception issues too since the update.

Looks fine and can make calls but someone told me they couldn't get through to me over the last couple of days at all, and got voicemails of others with no missed calls.

Should be fixed by software update hopefully. It's not as good as the Qualcomm modem as another poster said but it should be functional as it's working on other phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

I have absolutely no signal in my house where I had no problem before. Seems OK out and about but maybe the signal at home isn't stong enough or something. Did work before the update and worked on my old phone (OnePlus).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Yeah, same here. All I keep getting are texts to say I missed a call. Must be getting occasional signals to get the texts at least, but I have never had this much difficulty getting a signal in my house. I would actually say that up until this new update, the Pixel 6 was the best phone I have had for reception indoors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

Forgive if this been pointed out before.

Since updated I also get extremely poor to no reception.

I bought my P6 from Google and from above see it is Global. As downloaded update and living in Ireland assume was given the uk irish fr de update.

So problem, wrong update ,?

EDIT APOLOGIES SEE IT HAS

Anyone tried flashing a full image to see if they can either revert, or flash the other version for our devices?

Personally, I'm not having any issues, but I do miss the days of flashing ROM's every second day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Such a pity we don't get WiFi calling, would solve this awful signal indoors.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What a mess. It seems the update has been pulled. I can no longer see the update, and am currently on the November patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I haven't noticed any signal issues since with update but I rarely make/receive calls. I'm liking the phone a lot better now though since the fingerprint scanner is largely fixed. Hopefully they can patch those signal issues soon, I thought getting stock android straight from Google would lead to a much better update experience than OnePlus but apparently not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

Phone signal is still terrible. No coverage 95% plus of the time, have to go outdoors if I want to make a call and that's only in an area where I have a good signal. I have a 6km loop I walk most days with the dog, coverage would be would only be one or two bars normally and I had no signal for most of it. Weirdly though I was parked for an hour while my daughter was at swimming the other night and I had strong 4G coverage the whole time was getting 50mbps up and down. That's been the only time in last few days I had a steady signal. Fingerprint scanner has improved though!

Got this email from google support yesterday evening from my submission on their issue tracker. Will try and go through the steps later.

Thanks for contacting Google. Your case was escalated to the Advanced Hardware Support Team for additional review. I understand you are experiencing signal issues with your Pixel device. I’m happy to look into this for you!

If you're still able to reproduce the problem, please reply to this message and attach a bug report file. It would be most helpful if you create the report a few minutes after you see the issue appear. I've included the steps to generate a bug report below.

Privacy Note: The file you generate may contain information not directly related to the issue you're experiencing. Google takes your privacy and security very seriously and if you send the file to us, we will use only the relevant information you provide and only for the purposes of investigating the issue you reported. For details on our privacy practices, please visit http://www.google.com/privacy.html

Before you get started, make sure you have access to a computer.

1. On your device, go to Settings > About phone.
    2. At the bottom of the screen, touch 'Build number' several times in quick succession. You’ll see a prompt welcoming you to developer mode once this step is complete.
    3. Press Back to go back to the Settings > System screen.
    4. Touch Developer options.
    5. Make sure Developer options at the top of the screen is set to ON.
    6. Make sure the toggle for USB debugging is ON.
    7. Make sure the toggle for Bug report shortcut is ON.
    8. Make sure the toggle for Enable verbose vendor logging is ON.
    9. Reproduce the issue on your phone (trigger the error message or problem you're experiencing). It’s important that your phone logs at least one occurrence of the problem.
    10. Within a few minutes after you see the issue, press and hold the power button until the power menu appears.
    11. Select Bug report.
    12. After a significant delay -- up to a minute -- your phone or tablet will vibrate and allow you to send a file via email.
    13. Send the message in Gmail to yourself so you can access it on your computer.
    14. On your computer, access your email and open the message you just sent to yourself.
    15. Download the attachment.
    16. Reply to this message and attach the bug report file.
    17. After replying to this message you can disable developer mode and bug reports by going to Settings > Developer Options and sliding the top toggle to OFF.

Also, I would like some additional information and if you could please answer the questions below, I would greatly appreciate it!

1. Location (City):

2. Mobile Carrier:

3. Neighborhood/General area in the city:

4. Build number (Settings > About phone > Scroll to bottom > Build number):

5. Dual or Single Sim?

6. Wifi On/Off?

7. Is the device connected to USB?

8. What cell service type (3G/4G/5G)?

9. Carrier Services App version ​​(Settings > Apps > See all > Carrier Services > Version):

10. Operator Settings Version (Settings > Network and Internet > SIMs)

11. List the steps to reproduce the issue

12 .​​ Dial: *#*#4636#*#* and provide a screenshot, including “All mobile measurements info”

13. After completing all the steps above, please try the following to see if it fixes the problem:

- Turn on and off the Airplane mode and see if the issue disappears

- Reset network settings and see if the issue disappears (Settings > Network & Internet > Internet and tap on the top right icon to reset network settings: Check if issue disappeared

- Erase modem EFS and then trigger SSR: Settings > System > Reset Options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth x> Reset settings

Out of interest, what do people have their network preference set to? I have my preferred network type set to LTE (Don't have a 5G plan), and I have Allow 2G turned off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I hadn't left the house for a few days as I'm working from home, went for a walk this morning and messages arrived that were sent on Wednesday and Thursday!

Also heard from a few people they were trying to ring me during the week, didn't even get a missed call notification, some mess.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8 daniloprado

Yeap. Bought this UniqueMe tpu screen protector on Amazon UK for Pixel 6 Pro. You can barely notice once installed and fingerprint works with no issues.

Is it possible to roll back to the November build? My phone is essentially unusable at the moment.

Yes by doing a factory reset by sideloading a Factory image, but you loose everything on it so make sure you've backed up. I did it a couple of weeks ago as I got locked out of it. I have the say the phone was running much better with a clean set up where as the first time I had connected it to my old phone and copied every over. It does make a good bit of work though having to redownload all your apps and log into everything again. I'll give them another few days to patch it before I do it, I still have my old phone I can use my sim in.

1. Open your phone's Settings app.
    2. Tap System 
    3.  Advanced 
    4.  Reset options 
    5.  Erase all data (factory reset).
    6. To erase all data from your phone's internal storage, tap Erase all data.
      • If needed, your phone asks for your PIN. Enter your PIN and then tap Erase all data.

When your phone finishes the reset, pick the option to restart.

1. Set up your phone and restore your backed-up data. Learn how to restore your Pixel’s data.

Post edited by Ryath on

I've done it and I can use phone again now. Signal is still out but at least it's there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Are you sure it restores the old software version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Actually seems it doesn't.🙄 Have to side load the Image, I've been reading so much the last few days I don't know how I missed that. Was sure a factory reset rolled it back to original state. Reset and fresh install often does help with issues though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Same here and don't want the December update by the sounds of things!

I have been away in Spain the past week. Got back late last night and I wonder could that be the reason I never got it automatically?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Any word on the headphones yet? They're really dragging the arse out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nope, they've about 12 days left before they are about to get a flood of angry mails 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Yeah not looking like going to get them within the 60 days at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Yeah, I tried this last week but made no difference to my signal problem. Worth a try for some maybe though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Going to try that and see how it goes. Thanks for that.

Advertisement