Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Yeah - I can get the Pro in 256 alright but not the standard Pixel 6. I rang them - apparently the Pixel 6 256gb version isn't being released here - only in America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I got the Caseology Vault today to replace the Belroy case I bought with the phone at launch. It feels much better, I wouldn't recommend that Belroy case at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

In a similar boat, been in the hub since 2nd Jan. Has yours moved on yet?

Things may very slow post Christmas with COVID possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Has routines disappeared from the Home app for users on Pixel? Mines gone for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

Nope. Set up a new one yesterday.

Workaround seems to be to ask assistant "Create routine" and should take you to the menu.

Otherwise try uninstalling & reinstalling the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

You can also search for 'Routines' into the phone settings menu, and do it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Fixed it. Had two phone languages English (Ireland) and English (UK). Removing Ireland has resolved it. Odd issue. Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Excuse the ignorance but what is Routines and what kind of things do you use it for chaps?

Thanks,

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nope, no movement at all!

One of my work colleagues suggested they are prioritising overnight deliveries of antigen tests!

I don't know though 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I just received an email from google promotions with the title "Your reward is on its way to you.", but I already have my Bose, what's the chance of getting two sets?! 😀

Quite enjoying the Pixel 6 tbh. I came from a OnePlus 5T, which was an epic phone but the camera was lacking. The pixel is a nice upgrade, and the camera excels for snapping shots of my kid, the face unblur is particularly amazing. I'm lucky enough to be on the Nov update, so haven't suffered like most on here. There are plenty of niggly bugs and issues, but to say I'll be slow to update later this month would be an understatement.

Just FYI, there is a setting under developer options to prevent the device updating on reboot. Which I'd recommend people setting, given that Pixels just dive straight into updates without any care in the world. I'll be waiting a good while to ensure all network issues are resolved before updating again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I got the following email in my Spam:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that your delivery has failed.

To arrange a replacement to be sent, could you please confirm your new full delivery address in the following format:

-Address line 1

-Address line 2

-Province

-Postcode

-Country

We appreciate your cooperation and patience in this matter.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

It's been 60 days + 1 week since my claim was approved. It will be interesting to see how long I have to wait now.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

I got this yesterday. I found it in my spam. Must be some movement. I'm on day 68.

help-...@pixel-offers.com via email.sirportly.com 

Jan 10, 2022, 3:12 PM (17 hours ago)

Good Afternoon,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in processing your claim. This is due to the unprecedented popularity of the promotion.

However, we can confirm that your reward is currently with the fulfilment team and should be on its way to you shortly.

As soon as your parcel has been dispatched, we will email you to let you know. The courier will also contact you directly with tracking details.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Sanni @ Google Promotional Support Team

Still have heard absolutely nothing about the headphones, have checked my spam. I mailed them yesterday to ask what the story is too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I was on to an agent yesterday and she was saying the 'processing through the automatic system failed for some reason' on two dates and that they'd manually enable it and then the headphones would be sent out in the 'next batch' but she couldn't give any kind of date or timeframe. I think they're talking out of their arse at this stage and probably don't have the headphones in stock or something.

An Post finally delivered mine this morning after having it since Dec 30th 😫

The headphones that is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Was the address okay on the box? Mine bounced between two sorting offices for a few days, but it's hasn't moved since the 5th now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Pro Order has been shipped, curious to know what version of Android it will ship with

Yeah, address was perfect. There was no movement at all between 30th Dec and Jan 10th, then delivered at 9am this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

I heard that there are backlogs with An Post and some couriers because of being short staffed due to COVID. Maybe that's why your's was delayed.

• Advertisement

I don't really mind in the end. Just the radio silence frustrates me 🙂

I can't say it's been that bad for me since they largely fixed the fingerprint scanner, but the experience certainly lacks the polish you'd expect from a €900 phone. Luckily I haven't been affected by the network issue but that bug combined with how little urgency there appears to be to fix it is pretty shocking for a company like Google. I feel that with the headphones (if they ever arrive) the phone was still worth a punt but for €899 now surely there are better options out there, any of the flagships launched in 2021 will be easy enough to get discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Don't have the Pro but can't say that I've found the standard 6 extra buggy in any way since I've gotten it. May depend on what was imported when setting up or particular apps in use or a million other things - ymmv

I'm wondering are there a huge glut of offer headphones to be processed at the moment. Thinking back now, I know I was waiting to see if any Pro versions would become available prior to the headphones offer deadline expiring and it was only a couple of hours before that that I committed to the standard Pixel 6.

There were probably many more in the same boat either waiting for the Pro or wondering if the standard 6 was good enough but didn't want to miss out on the promo and only jumped at last minute.

My 60 days went by a few days ago and I've heard nothing at all. Guess I'll give it another few and bang them a mail if nothing by the end of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Both myself & the Wife got the Pixel 6 (Standard). We've been hit hard with the poor phone reception issue. Calls not going through, getting missed call text messages despite the phone not ringing, data connection unusable etc.

I'm look to return her device (I'm willing to wait for the fix, she's not) however we both received the Bose headphones. I wonder if I return the device will they ask for them back?

Also I've been onto google support today. They'll only entertain a repair, not a refund. I'm arguing this with them as in general the wife isn't a fan of the phone and wants to go back to a Samsung, but also because I can't see a repair resolving this as it seems to be a widespread issue among EU devices.

Anyone else have any luck getting a refund?

You don't have to wait for a fix. You can flash the old firmware.

I have a friend in Germany whose signal improved significantly after the December update. Interesting that so many here had the opposite effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Similar enough experience, only option was a repair to method for reverting back to the original software! I'll hold onto it for a few more months even though I cannot make calls I've told most people to call me on WhatsApp and it saves me getting spam phonecalls but most likely done with Google after this, for such a big company they're hopeless.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I was half tempted to push for a refund too but decided not too in the end, don't use the phone that much but it's atrocious form by Google to leave it lingering for this long.

Anyway if I were you and wanted to get a refund, send it back and get the replacement. Then if the new one has the December software you'll likely have the same issues so sent it back again right away. Repeat until they just refund, I'd say they would after 2/3 times due to the costs.

But the new phone might have the November update, if it does then you might be stuck with it, but at least the calls should be working again.

If talking to customer service I wouldn't mention the headphones, could get lucky...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

I must be the only person who's Pixel Pro is working fine. My phone reception is perfect thank God. I haven't received my headphones yet- I'm really looking forward to them. My favourite thing about the phone is the x4 optical zoom. And even though I was against curved sides on phone screens, I have actually grown to really like the curve now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Not just you. My reception is great too after the December update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭breeno

Has anybody come from an iPhone 12 to pixel 6(non-pro)? Tempted by the change for the camera and bigger screen and battery but have been on iphone for a couple of years now and weighing up if it's worth the move back.

All pending the software issue being resolved in the next while hopefully.

Advertisement