Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

I'm going to the UK next week and will be putting my sim back into my cracked screen, nearly 3 year old P30 Pro. No interest in seeing what delights the signal issue has for me whilst roaming. What a clusterfcuk. If the issue isn't resolved by the end of month. I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

I flashed it back to November software last week as I was heading away. No issues even my Vodafone esim was automatically setup again. Signal has been perfect since. I brought my 4a with me as a back up never needed it.

I found the pixel 6 to have the odd glitch when I first set it up and copied from my old phone it but since doing a factory reset and a fresh install it's been glitch free.

Used the Bose on the plane for the first time made for a very relaxing flight couldn't hear the nattering vodka swilling hairdressers behind me at all and could barely hear the the baby across the aisle on the way back! Impressed with them sound cancelling is better and they are much more comfortable than my my Sennheiser HD 4.5's. They do sound decent enough but I've got very used to using a pair of open backed Senn 599's the last few months which sound amazing so the Bose 700's do feel closed in with no real separation or soundstage in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Bring it with you, good chance the update will roll out next Monday. Understand your frustration though.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

no sign of headphones after 60 days + no reply to my email yet - anyone else in the same boat ? calling and long wait is the only option ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

Yeah, same here. Emailed them twice but only a generic reply saying they'll get back to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

yes same here, my claim was approved on 29th November and nothing further since altho I guess strictly speaking my 60 days are not up yet....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

No sign of my headphones either.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Just got the six pro, it Came with the November update. No issues to report

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,796 ✭✭✭micks_address

Android Auto is still a disaster for me. Random disconnects every few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Still no word on the headphones, it's well passed the 60 days too. I got the QC35 II with the Pixel 5 last year and they arrived last Christmas Eve. No such luck this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

I had this before but seems to have stabilized now. For some reason it seems worse if is on the wireless charging mat in the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

It's bizarre. I don't think I've ever witnessed such shoulder shrugging from a company about problems with their devices/promotions. Particularly one as big as Google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

To be fair, the promotion is handled by a third party company. I'm well past the 60 days, and have now moved address which is going to complicate things further. At the end of the day, I'm not bothered, because it's a free pair of headphones, and I'll get them at some stage.

I'd love to know the percentage of people affected by the signal issue. It seems to a lot of people here, but it must be a very small minority or you'd assume they would be rushing out a hotfix.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

I still have network issue, big time - get signal at particular place in the house and most of the time on "Emergency calls". Even Though in tech, i didnt bother to factory reset. Trust me - Only these times, the number of missed calls are high !!!😂😂...what are the odds. .otherwise no one bothers to call me when signal is at full strength.....irony

On other note, I agree with some of the earlier comments that it is def NOT acceptable Google cannot provide basic functionality or care to fix ASAP. Though I am enjoying the phone, I will seriously consider next time for any future product , pathetic support post purchase, may it be signal or free headphones.....they shd compensate if unable to keep the promise !!!

Does anyone know how to set a routine that actions on your phone? For example at 7:30 in the morning. My phone starts playing radio channel on TuneIn or something like that. I can only see options for streaming music on Wi-Fi connected devices like my Sonos. Any ideas? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

In the alarm app you can set it to play your Google daily briefing/weather etc. It's not TuneIn/live radio but might help.

You can set Spotify or You Tube music from within the alarm settings. Or Tunein app it's self has an alarm setting.

https://help.tunein.com/how-do-i-set-an-alarm-H1DZcA9uDf

Spoke too soon about glitches had a strange one earlier. Got a notification that Messages is processing an incoming message but when I clicked on it nothing was happening. Went to messages, page was blank. Restarting phone sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

The December update made a shite of the signal , it's ok if your in a strong 4g area but driving along might have 4G but as soon as you make a call drops to a weak 1 or 2 bar 3G signal be dropping calls regular with it.

Hopefully new update solves the signal issue whenever it gets released

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

I'm looking at a couple of pixels pro's on adverts. Both bought at launch. And both on December updates. Both sellers are saying they have no issues. Which I think we'll be unlikely. My budget is 700. A little bit more if the phone was on the November update.l, and I could make and receive calls without issue.

Is it worth making an offer?

• Advertisement

Most people haven't had no issues with the update in fact signal improved for some. Probably the reason why google have been so slow to be able to find the bug and fix it when is uncommon. You'll know quick enough if the seller will let you check the phone with a sim in it. Even if it is it not that hard to flash the November software. You'll be setting up a new phone from scratch anyway so will be dealing with that either way. The January patch isn't that far away either though I'll be holding of a few days this time!

Why don't you buy the one with the December software and then just roll it back to November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There's a post on Reddit that's suggesting Monday for the January update. I've noticed that before the last update there was a lot of Google app updates through the play store on the lead up to it, which has happened again in the last few days. Fingers crossed anyway. Who wants to be the guinea pig?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I got a Samsung S10 a few years ago. Came with a free Galaxy Watch. It took MONTHS for the watch to come, way past the expected date. Vodafone couldn't help (that's where I bought the phone) as they didn't manage the promotion, Samsung didn't care as they weren't managing it either. I don't know what recompense you have from a consumer protection point of view, especially if you can argue that the only reason you purchased the device was with the expectation that you would also get the offered extras...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Android authority reporting that Janurary update is now available for the pixel 6, merged with the December update

My phone is now downloading said update too automatically, 200mb, will wait to install I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Currently downloading a security update..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Pinapples

I bought two 6's, one for myself on launch day. I also bought another for the Mrs a week or two later, for which the headphones claim was approved on 18th Nov. The headphones for the first purchase came on Monday. There's no sign of the second pair yet.

I've noticed the signal has been weaker when I'm out and about, but its not a deal breaker. Hopefully the new update will sort it.

I've been using Pixel phones since 2018, and I'm very happy with them - the updated and fixes come every month, regular as clockwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Got a 41mb update - I was running Dec update so maybe it's smaller because of that

Finally finished installing/updating just over one hour later ... Seems like a long time for a small update

Can't really say that signal seems much better but I wasn't having many issues with December update so will have to see if anything obvious pops up over time.

Post edited by pandabat on

• Advertisement

So far signal strength is the same as the November update which is a good sign! Aka normal!

Advertisement