Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Craazysteve

Considering what to get from the google store with the voucher, does anyone have any experience with Google Wifi? Thinking a 3-pack, as there's two of us working from home, both in the two furthest corners of the (admittedly small-ish) house from the virgin media modem/router location. I need to do some more research, but it looks like after connecting the main Wifi puck via ethernet to the existing router, that only gives me one free ethernet port to connect to there, which is a problem as I've 3 devices wired in there that I don't want on wifi. Better wifi throughout the house would be great, but not at the cost of losing those direct connections, so does anyone know if I could still use the VM modems ethernet ports after it's bridged to a Google wifi?

Headphones have been shipped for me too, lots of detailed location updates, until it was handed over to an post and then the detail becomes "We don't have information on your parcel yet". Classic stuff. Hoping they ran out of White and and had to send me black ones, i'll keep dreaming that until they arrive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭TheRona

Mesh systems are great. I have a different one to the Google one, but I know someone who has it and they love it.

You should only need one ethernet port off your router to connect to one Google WiFi device, then the other ones will connect wirelessly when you put them in other parts of the house. If you've got 4 ports on the back of your router with 3 already used, you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭grennscreener

thinking about these as well - anyone any opinions on the merits of the wifi vs the nest mesh systems? (we're on eir 1BG fibre if that matters)

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

It's fine for what it is, I haven't had much time with it but the sunrise feature (where the phone lights up with warm colours 15 minutes before the alarm) is a nice feature. I'm also not sure yet if it's faster at charging then the plug in power adapter, but it's fast enough as far as I can tell. Still, I wouldn't have spent €80 on it, but it's a nice addition to my nightstand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The phone can only charge at 23W max.

The 30W wall charger and the 23W wireless charger are the exact same speed because of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭brevity

Really tempted by the pixel 6 but its only on Vodafone and their bills are high! Eir have the Samsung Galaxy S22 (with that disney and eir buds bundle) for 49 a month and 100€ upfront.

Might have to wait for the reviews...

Has this been tested? Does it actually wirelessly charge as fast as wired?

For me, the fast wireless charging is just not worth it. Fast wired and slow wireless is all I need. When you weigh up the cost, and the fact it needs a fan due to the heat produced, I just don't see the point.

It's designed for 23W for the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro. Though no, I haven't tested, as I haven't got one!

Below from this link http://g.co/pixelstand/req

Unlock high-power charging

To unlock up to 23W charging on your Pixel 6 Pro and up to 21W charging on your Pixel 6:

1. Make sure your phone is on the latest software version. Fast wireless charging with up to 23W is available with SQ1D.211205.016.A1 and SQ1D.220105.007 and will be available with later software versions.
    2. Complete Pixel Stand app onboarding.

After you install the latest Pixel phone software updates and complete Pixel Stand app onboarding, you can charge wirelessly at up to 23W and enjoy Fan Controls, Photo Frames, Immersive Media, and other exclusive Pixel Stand experiences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

Yes it does. Ours is located in the kitchen and never noticed a fan noise. We have two P6's in the house so it gets a lot of use and very happy with it. Also wirelessly charges the pixelbuds case so its been a good purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

Well I finally received 2 texts and 2 emails telling me my headphones have shipped but still no email with my voucher.

On another note anyone else sign up for the beta? Downloaded today and seems very stable so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I have the newer Nest Wifi. Bought two main units for about €100 each, but one is plugged into VM router and the second one acts as a mesh.

Overall they've been really good and have improved reception a lot over 3 floors. I've both of these on the ground floor with one hidden on top of the kitchen presses out of sight, so sort of close to the next floor.

If you do buy them, DON'T just plug your Ethernet devices into your old modem. The new Google router will handle your IT security configuration. If you plug into your old modem it will be bypassing any security and be very exposed online.

I had 4 devices plugged in, now just have the console plugged in and it's been fine, was a bit concerned it would be a worse set up but it's

The only negative is the potential cost, have seen some cheaper mesh options from lesser brands but you have the voucher, and, as everything is automated, you don't have the option to configure your options i.e. can't do router level VPNs if that matters to you.

Call VM to request ipv4 mode as you need that enabled to set up bridge mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've the NC700s and I would say €200ish is a fair price for them. They were on sale for €205 a couple of weeks ago, didn't post on Bargain Alerts in case some here we're trying to sell theirs!

They're grand headphones but not as high quality as I thought they would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I got an email from some crowd called Shipcloud saying a parcel was sent by Ingram Micro Services GmbH to me....IM assuming its not spam....I have ben waiting months for this and of course the one weekend its due to arrive I will be away....does anybody know if a courir will be OK if my wife signs for it?

Yeah, that's the headphones, got the same email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Decided to be even more brave and sign up to the Android 12L Beta, now that its on version 3. I must say I will not be going back to where I was. Phone feels snappier, apps all working as expected, this feels very much like the proper version of Android 12. Im not experiencing any silly lil buggy things like keyboard behavior or rotation while showing video causing funny display issues. Very different experience once connectivity issues and s/w issues seem more stable (Im sure its not flawless)

I thought 12L was for tablets? Must have picked that up by accident somewhere!

I will sign up in a bit!

The first dev release of Android 13 went live yesterday, with beta's incoming from April, so it's all go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,993 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Phone is driving me bonkers.

Staying connected to headphones when it shouldn't, not staying connected, and then today, saying it was connected but the music was still coming out of my phone!?

Never had these issues before with the last 4 Samsung phones I've had 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Is anyone running 12L Beta3? Just installing it now 2.02GB. Seems people over on reddit are pretty happy with it. Looks to have fixed a lot of issues that people were having and seen some reports of better battery life.

Yeah, installed it yesterday and no issues so far.

Finally got my voucher code today and ended up using it on the wireless charger. Wasn't a whole lot else that appealed to me anyway and it might be useful.

• Advertisement

If anyone is in the same boat as me, and has been waiting for the original offer since the start of November, I contacted them and said I'd be happy with whatever gets me headphones fastest at this stage, seeing as there has been at least 2 waves of the QC45's while people who bought on release day still wait for the 700's. In the end, they emailed me to say they've cancelled my order for the 700's, and will send me the QC45's along with a voucher.

Wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people get sent the 700's now 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭cython

My QC45s are with An Post as of the early hours this morning, and voucher received earlier in the week and already spent on a charger, which arrived on Thursday (would have been Wednesday only for I wasn't going to be at home so I delayed delivery a day). Long time waiting for anything from the promotion, but once it started moving at all, it's seemed to proceed quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Updated to the Android 12L beta, and my fingerprint scanner is MILES better than it was, pretty much works every time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Anyone waiting on headphones note - just because you have received an An Post tracking number from the shipping company, do not take that to mean that the parcel is with An Post. It only means that the parcel will be handed over to them with that number when it arrives here. There are currently COVID-related delays out of Germany where the current batch of headphones are shipping from and so only expect real progress when An Post show tracking for the parcel. Just to pre-empt a load of bile towards An Post in the next few days 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭cython

That's why the tracking originally runs off of DHL, who provide a link to the An Post site in their detailed tracking, and you'll only get information from that link when An Post have it in their system. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Yeah I kinda thought that's what I wrote and I can also tell from prior posts that there will be people here who won't realise that so I was just trying to make that clear in order to avoid 15 entries here on Monday morning about how they had an An Post tracking number since Thursday and what was taking so long and blah blah blah .... Ridiculous ... Outrage ... Google should give me a free 6 Pro ... Etc. 🙄

No good deed goes unpunished though ... Does it? Thanks for playing!

If I load the beta of 12L, will I lose my user data?

No, it keeps all your settings, data etc. If you decide to revert to non beta then you will lose everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Installed the 12L beta on the weekend, and it feels like a different phone. It's noticeably faster, all the all small jank and issue I had with it are gone, some interface and haptics are changed and cleaned up, the battery and heat are slightly better, honestly a completely solid Beta, usually the last Beta is a release candidate anyway and 99% done. Can't recommend it enough.

Advertisement