Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

No way is the upgrade to 7 enough. I think for my next phone I'll go with some ridiculously overpowered Xioami that charges really quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭amargar

Does anybody have troubles with connection drops using Vodafone and a pixel 6? Everytime I leave home it drops the 4g but doesnt connect to 4G until I turn on and off airplane mode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭mossie

Yep. Probably 90% of the time this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Does anyone have any recommended cases and/or glass screen protectors for the 6 Pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭iHungry

Spigen liquid air case and whitestone dome tempered glass screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

People should not be upgrading their phones every year anymore, there's so little difference in them these days. I've generally upgraded every two years for the last while and battery issues outstanding that's also pointless. I might take a look at the Pixel 9 when it's launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

Come on, there's every reason to upgrade every year 😁

In my head, it actually costs next to nothing, so why not? Going to the P7Pro cost me €130, (sold P6Pro for €470 and Pixel Watch for €300) and the resale value of this over the P6Pro is probably at least that value when next year rolls around, so it really is like a free upgrade.

There hasn't been massive improvements on a yearly basis for a very long time. This upgrade is very much the HTC M7 to M8, or Sammy Note 8 to Note 9. A decent phone that has been refined. Upgrade not essential, but definitely don't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

The massive improvement in going from Pixel 6 to 7 in my mind is the better call and data connection...the 6 is awful for this in my experience. I still get data drops when out and about regularly on my Pixel 6.

Strongly considering an upgrade for this reason alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Anyone previously on the Beta move back to vanilla and is it much of a faf to do it?

I'm on the beta and the phone is bordering on the unusable, randomly switches off, apps crashing and seems to run hot. If there's an easy way to opt out and restore everything as is, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭wassie

See the Beta FAQ (apologies if you are already aware of this).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Zverklez

The Pixel 6 is on sale for €470 in Argos at the moment, what do people think of it at that price?

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1171141/Trail/searchtext%3EPIXEL+6.htm

Very good price, well worth it. Very few stores seem to have actual stock, but it seems to be available for home delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Zverklez

After reading the thread I'm second guessing myself, seems to be a troublesome phone

My partner has the 6, she loves it. There has been some issues over time, which have been resolved with updates. The only issue I'd be worried about is connectivity issues that some people have. I didn't have any issues with my 6 Pro, and the 6 we have here is fine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭SteM

Anyone think it would be worth changing from the huawei p30 pro to the pixel 6 pro? I use the camera a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭pandabat

That'll probably come down to decision based on very personal preferences. From a very high level, if your Huawei is knackered and/or if you're doing to rejoin the Google ecosystem properly then the P6 Pro probably represents a good means to do so, especially if you can grab a deal on it. If your own phone is ok for you right now then I probably wouldn't feel the need to jump. I came from a OnePlus 5 up to the Pixel 6, mainly motivated by the camera improvement software updates and the Bose headphones b launch offer at the time. The Pixel 6 is heftier and not a million miles faster in day to day than the OP5 though so it's not much of an "upgrade" in many senses but the camera is better for sure. Whether the P6Pro's camera is significantly better than the Huawei ... dunno, maybe might edge it but whether it's worth the price of upgrading is up to you when you factor in other features of the phones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

The camera is good tbf but I find the connectivity is cr*p as it keeps falling back to h+ & even 3g causing dropouts to streaming audio when I use it jogging. Toggling airplane mode on/off bring it back to lte for a while. My ancient LG G4 does a much better job on exactly the same route. Seems this is much improved with the P7 range from what I've read so probably a design flaw in the P6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

I'd have to agree, the cellular connection is crap, whatever modem they used is really terrible. Can be driving along streaming music or on a Teams call and reception will just drop out completely, need to toggle airplane mode then.

It's a great device otherwise and I don't seem to miss calls anymore because of any issues, but if you are someone that needs a reliable data connection frequently away from WiFi, I would looks elsewhere.

Shame as I love the Pixel otherwise, I've a 6 btw.

For what it's worth, I have never experienced an issue with the connection. It's always been pretty good I purchased the phone for the camera and partly because of the deal with the headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No connection issues either (using P6 for about 9 months now).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Has anyone found that by giving the phone a gentle shake, you can hear something moving inside?

It doesn't sound loose, but is in the one spot moving back and forth.

I'm guessing that Google would fix this for me, but am I liable to pay for it?

Phone was bought in Oct 2021

EDIT:

Actually, found this article, maybe it's normal!

Anyone else get it? 😁

Post edited by marcbrophy on

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nope! Mine is silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Mine definitely does too! I remembering noticing ages ago but had forgotten about it

Completely normal, it's to do with the OiS. My P6Pro did it, and my P7Pro did from the day I got it (I checked!)

Thanks, it's definitely the camera unit anyway, if I hold it the other way and shake it, no noise.

I'm a bit relieved now, I must say. The thoughts of having to send it back were getting to me.

So is Mr E the odd one out, are some of them quiet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

I have the noise in mine also

Thanks, I was just worried about trying to sell to CEX and them refusing because of the noise.

I knew it had no adverse affects, I noticed it back in September for the first time.

I also found a vid on YT of a guy testing many phones that make this same noise, including Samsung's and OnePlus's.

In the comments people were saying it's normal too and one person said their iPhone did it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

I originally thought it was due to me dropping the phone bit I haven't noticed any problems with it. Did you get much from cex?

• Advertisement

At the moment, it's €375 cash for the 6 pro 128GB, at the best grade!

This was closer to €400 last week though, not sure what caused the value drop.

Advertisement