Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

huh. i'd never heard of this issue - i have a 6 pro for about 6 months - and within a couple of days of reading this, my phone has developed a rattle. it fell off a beside locker onto a carpet, that's about as much abuse as it has suffered.

the zoom trick works if i shake the camera from side to side, but there's still a faint rattle if shaken forwards to back.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭R11

Recently,some of my incoming calls on my 6a ring twice then drop out. Callers get a message saying "your call could not be connected"....anyone else have this problem? Or is it a SIM card issue? Been reading online that it could be a handset issue. Only have phone about 7 months....

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭pandabat

Had a problem receiving calls about 2 weeks ago on standard Pixel 6 but Play Store update of apps and reboot fixed it and haven't seen it since. If it is a persistent issue then try your SIM in another phone to see if it's SIM/phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Anyone getting 5G with Gomo? I've recently upgraded to their 5G plan but never gotten 5G even checked on O'Connell and Grafton street.

Post edited by LeeroyJ. on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

I believe Google don't support the Eir network for 5G on the Pixel 6 or at least they didn't anyway.

https://pixel.withgoogle.com/5G/?country=IE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Odd that's it's network specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah it's stuff like this that let's Google phones down, no 5G no WiFi Calling, I'll be moving away from Google phones this year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Someone mentioned that it started working for them on their pixel if you read down....

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058179390/google-pixel-5-and-eir-5g#latest

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Framed10

I'm interested in getting the Google 6.

I'm going to be in the US next week.

I'm wondering if an unlocked one from Amazon.com would work in Ireland?

Any thoughts grateful

(Vodafone network)

• Advertisement

Anyone have experience of buying an unlocked Android from Amazon.com?

I can't imagine after importing, taxes etc. that is worth it. What would be the point?

Not importing, I'll be in US myself so would like to buy the Google 6 when there.

Question is if it will work here ( unlocked)

If it has the correct gsm bands. I assume most unlocked ones do these days.

Thanks for the reply.

Any tip re GSM bands?

Can I link the Amazon page here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭wassie

It depends. There are different versions in the US of the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro, depending on the carrier, so would need to be certain you are buying a (carrier-free) unlocked phone. Whilst the link below doesnt cover Europe/Ireland specifically, it will give you a clear indication.

AFAIK, like UK, we only have Sub-6 5G networks. Even then it will depend on what network you are using it for. eg Eir doesnt support 5G on Pixels (last I checked).

It should work on most 4G networks in general, although there may be some band differences across the various 4G networks operated by the various carriers.

Its a bit more technical than my simplified answer, but the phone should work for the most part, but there are no guarantees. You need to weigh up the risk vs savings to be had.

Google also doesnt offer a global warranty (unlike say Apple) so you may or may not not have warranty support if there is an issue for your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

@Framed10 According to this link, it should work on any network in Ireland!

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/IE/google-pixel-6

You should be fine, emphasis on the should 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

I think it is down to the manufacturer and not the carrier.

I recently bought a Nothing Phone 1 and works flawlessly with Eir 5G and Wi-Fi Calling, and it is not a phone they sell.

It would have to be both considering the phone works on 5G on other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Google have said themselves it is up to them to enable 5G for a network. What criteria a network needs to meet is anyone's guess but it is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭wassie

Where did they say this - link?

5G support is both manufacturer and carrier dependant AFAIK.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Has anyone had problems since the last update?

I'm getting the odd bit of freezing, worse signal and worse battery life since this months update :(

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭pandabat

Had very bad battery life for first day or two after update but seems to have improved since then. Signal always more difficult to quantify but I've noticed more drop-outs while streaming radio and seemed to lose mobile connection completely at one stage on Saturday evening (fixed by disabling and re-enabling SIM - aircraft mode toggle would probably also have worked).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

No, phone has been working well since the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Same here, all good.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

All fine here too, thankfully!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Dreadful again today.

Since installing the update I'm struggling to get through a day, despite little screen on time in the day.

I used to get home at about 48% charge before the update, my last few days have been 18%, 15%, 19%, 16%. Today I had battery saver on most of the day and still I'm only on 25%. The phone is nigh on unusable now with screen on time being less than 2 hours per day.

Data performance is terrible and for sure it is definitely the phone as I've tried the SIM in my old OnePlus 8 and tried another SIM in this phone and whatever goes in this phone performs poorly and same sim in the other phone is lightning.

There's no obvious culprit for the battery usage as well sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,110 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Do you use Chrome? I switched to Brave recently and my battery seems to last much longer with the same usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

if you use the withings app, its currently draining the battery nonstop, the app update came around the same time as the march update. I had to delete the app and the battery went back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I have the Withings app and it all still fine...

Advertisement