Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying crypto for kids as an early investment

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭circadian

Aren't ETFs a nightmare for tax reasons here? I was always under the impression they were a pain in the hole to deal with when doing your returns so I've avoided them.

Some ETFs payout dividends regularly, which you then have to pay tax on. Others accumulate and these are easier to do returns for. You also cannot offset losses onto gains from different ETFs. Honestly, I don't know why you'd suggest ETFs to the OP, while a lot of crypto is speculation (as is the stock markets these ETFs are created from) it's at least a bit easier to get your head around.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

This is the saddest post i have read in a long time, why in the name of God would you want to steal your children of their joy and wonderment? Let them blow their communions and Christmas/birthday gifts money on what ever they want, they are children, there will be plenty of time as adults to worry about money, Let them have fun and spent it all on what ever they want, they will only be young and innocent once.

Advertisement