Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aggressive modding in regional forums

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Not quite seeing abuse here really.

Its more about highlighting your questions can be answered by relevant groups and the soapboxing style of your repetitive posting seems to be about trying to get negative and angry responses.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,213 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

I've had same experience on the Donegal forum in relation to the mica issue. It seems to be a case of if you're not with us 100%, you're agin us. Best avoided. Same applies to any thread associated with travellers. Best avoided.

But this is to be expected with moderators who volunteer their time to keep an eye on things. Whether that's ultimately useful I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

All of the posts quoted above play the man not the ball. You can be bloody well sure if I posted personal attacks like that, I'd have been banned long ago.

Remember, this is not your normal thread. If "extreme" language like blank cheque can get you a ban, then surely name-calling should too?

Post edited by MrMusician18 on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

For my part ^^^ the only thing verging on 'abuse' is that I called you a troll. I stand by it.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maybe ask yourself why people reacted to your posts the way they did.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

So when was the last change made to the charter? Who made the change? could you find that out and resolve the question for those who have raised it?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Posters have had plenty of opportunity to respond to my decision as set out previously. This thread is getting too personal - closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement