Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No next of kin

Options
  • 11-10-2021 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

I am after reading a horrible story online about a 14 year old teenager that ended up in ICU with covid and the parents refused to put their daughter onto life support and this kid ended up dying.

It made me think that I don't have anyone to make emergency decisions.

I am unmarried, so as far as I know, it's my blood relatives.

My dad is no good, he's fond of his drink and he has health issues himself.

My mother is one of those women that hates all women including her own daughters and we fell out because of that. I know deep down, she will pull the plug on me. If there's another male that needs a plug, she will pull the plug from me to save a complete stranger if he was male.

My siblings are no good either. They have the same hatred towards me as my mother does. One brother told me to go kill myself and he will pïss on my grave and I never done anything on him other than having an opinion as a female. They will also pull the plug on me. I have one brother in Australia but he's too far away to be making decisions.

I have an aunt I am fairly close to but as time goes on, she's just getting older and I don't want to be worrying her.

I honestly would prefer if doctors made the best decisions because they aren't as evil as my family. But not sure if that is allowed. So what do I do and who can I get to make decisions on my behalf if I can't?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement