Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there a website/excel spreadsheet for price comparisons

• 11-10-2021 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hi, my Leaf is 4 years old and am seriously looking at changing, love the car, love Electrics but for family reasons I will probably need more range.When I bought the Leaf in 17 they were pretty well the only game in town that has now changed markedly. There are now many more manufacturers and many different models.

Is there a website/Excel sheet anywhere that does a very basic comparison. I am aware that chose would be a personal thing and no site should decide such a large spend but could act as a guide.

So something like

Make

Model*

*Long Rang option etc

Range

Cost after grants

Charging

I am sure there are many other "columns" but to this would be a basic start. Anyone know if all this date is in the one place ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

EV database is probably a good start for the technical information, and then price information you can fill in from the car dealerships

The problem I found with doing one of these is that you might get a better trade in or a discount for one car which isn't reflected in the list price

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭discostu1

I was kinda hoping someone had already done this,😂 I wouldnt be worried about the trade in but the purchase price after grants should be standard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭innrain

It's a year old now but a good start

This year there are about 30 EV models registered. Considering the multitude of options is not trivial to compile.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭discostu1

Many thanks thats a big help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

This video may be helpful. There is a comparison table at the end. Please see the timestamps for more information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I guess the problem is that the prices are changing every couple of months so the list becomes hard to maintain

There's also personal preferences to deal with. For example if you want a car ASAP, then you'll have to be aware of the waiting lists for several cars, and this means you might not be able to get the best deal

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement