Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Apple Watch for iPhone

Options
  • 11-10-2021 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Im starting to lose my mind having to charge my Apple Watch 5 every single day. I was looking for recommendations for another watch? I like the Polar Watches as Im sporty enough and the battery seems to be good.

Honesly, I mainly use the watch for notifications rather than anything major because of the battery life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I use a cheapie garmin the vivoactive cost me about €100 on the Amazon refurbished page. I had the original Apple Watch and to be honest the novelty wore off after a few months. The garmin has what I want including all notifications and garmin pay which I use a lot ..

I love my fossil smart. Battery life is between 2 weeks and a month. It has notifications, step counter, heart rate and weather. Plus it looks stylish, rather than a blob on your arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Thanks a million folks. Novelty has definitely worn off for me with the Apple Watch. Im going to look at those as possible options too. Thank you both!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Plenty of stylish smart watches currently on the market. Like mentioned above fossil have some lovely ones .. I use this one when going out our don’t need the fitness aspect of the watch it’s stylish enough but still has most of the smart stuff I need

Theres a really nice Gen5 online for around 150. Could be an option and it looks nice.

• Advertisement

Just came across the Polar Ignite 2 and I think it may be an option. Price is good, has the notifications and packs in some good notifications.

Now to bang up the Apple Watch on adverts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

are all notifications just read only?

I think so. But its all I need to be honest. Decent battery life

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If you're sporty then can't go wrong with a garmin. Can also be used for running, golf, cycling etc.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

So the Polar Ignite 2 arrived today. Really nice watch, but definitely noticed a couple of things:

1. Its slow - well slower than the Apple Watch.
    2. No Always on Display - Thats something I like about the Apple, but it did drain the battery.
    3. Very light - Barely know its on your wrist
    4. Battery seems good. Playing with it for the last few hours and its still at 85%

• Advertisement
Advertisement