Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I configure Dual Resilient uplinks from Ubuntu server onto two separate (Cisco) switches?

Options
  • 11-10-2021 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭

For resilience, I want to connect an Ubuntu server with ONE IP Address using two ethernet interfaces onto two separate switches. So I want one link to be primary link to the primary switch and the other a backup link to backup switch, to be used if the primary switch fails. So I suppose I want the interfaces to be Active / Passive

How can I achieve this please ? I don't think I really want a Bond, because the switches are not of the same stack. Could I in some way add a Vlan address and add both interfaces to the Vlan ?

Comments

Advertisement