Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career change- undertaking aptitude tests

Options
  • 11-10-2021 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Evening all,

I'm seeking any advice, guidance and recommendations that you could offer me with regard to improving my performance and score in an aptitude test. I'm interested in changing my career from a public service position to a healthcare professional role. I recently sat an aptitude test and I was devastated by my below average performance after prepping for over 4+ weeks and endless practice tests. I am a very competent professional who has a strong work ethic and I'm always self-motivated in getting the work done so I'm gutted and so disheartened over the score. Is the change of career potentially over before it has even started? Although I have a good working life with strong references, acquiring an above average score in psychometric tests is deemed more important and is more heavily weighted I think to be shortlisted for interviews.

Can anyone advise if it is possible to improve your score in Psychometric tests? Are they a strong determinant of a person's intelligence and ability? Would you recommend any materials that you found useful in improving one's confidence with these types of questions?

Thanks so much for reading!

Advertisement