Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness dancing man campaign (attempted) revival. Late 90s.

Options
  • 12-10-2021 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭

Everyone of a certain age remembers that Guinness ad from 1995 with the guy dancing around his pint to the strains of Guagilone by Prez Prado. Something that seems to be totally forgotten, or at least no one I mention it to remembers it is that Guinness tried to repeat the success of this campaign circa 1998/99 and held open auditions for people to come and do their own wacky dance for a new ad inspired by the original.

The auditions were held in Dublin and filmed, the resultant ad included footage of people queuing up. I just remember seeing it a couple of times, both occasions I think in the cinema during the ads. It was pretty unimpressive TBH, just showed a load of plonkers prancing about and instead of Guigilone they used this piece with very annoying scat type vocals. I cant find the ad online or even any info, which is odd because it seemed to get a lot of press coverage on the run up to it.

Comments

Advertisement