Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity price increases

Options
  • 12-10-2021 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I contacted my electricity provider recently after I was notified of the third increase this year, I asked why were they increasing again, I got the std reply, fuel increases, gas increases, shortages etc, person replying must have been thinking does he live under a rock, has he not seen the news and all the issues Britain is having. So I replied and asked a question, your company advertises it produces 100% green energy so what does the gas and oil prices have to do with my increases. Well the answer shocked me, all power produced feeds into the eire grid, then the individual companies buy back the power to sell to us, I understand the concept but if we're all striving for a greener country then the government needs to give concessions or increase them to green energy producers so that green energy consumers don't have to carry the burden of gas and oil price increases. Any thoughts

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

Advertisement