Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can i get a teleconverter for my Sigma?

• 12-10-2021 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

I have a sigma 70-300mm 1:4-5.6

Does anyone know if I can get a teleconverter for it?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

What camera brand/mount is it for?

For instance, Sony don't allow 3rd parties to use teleconverters at all on their E-mount system, so no third parties make them and the Sony TCs only work with very specific Sony brand lenses. But on the old A mount, you could get 3rd party teleconverters that worked more universally.

Sigma themselves make teleconverters for L mount (Leica, Sigma and Panasonic) systems, but they're only compatible with a handful of lenses The 70-300 isn't one of them) (https://www.sigma-global.com/en/accessories/category/tele-converter/tc-1411-2011/)

I've no idea what the situation is with MFT, Canon, Nikon, Pentax mounts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Can I ask why you would want a Teleconverter for that lens?

I am assuming you want it for the long end. That lens at 300mm will be f5.6. Put on a 2x teleconverter and it is going to be f11 when wide open. Considering that at that focal length you will normally need some fairly fast shutter speeds. The lens will be about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Advertisement