Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIP Paddy Moloney

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,866 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ah no!

Himself and Liam O Flynn were (and are) absolute idols of mine.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sad news, RIP Paddy.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dolphinsmile

RIP very sad news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

This is my first time on this particular sub-forum as I would not be a fan of traditional Irish music, with some exceptions. One of the exceptions being some of the music provided by The Chieftains. Paddy Maloney was key to their success and had influence far beyond The Chieftains. Paddy was the only member in every lineup. He always came across as a likeable guy in all those tv shows I saw him in. I did not realise that, as well as being a musician and composer and band leader and session player, he was Managing Director of Claddagh Records and a producer. He will be sadly missed in the music world - not just for his enthusiastic role in making music but as a likeable personality. He was a constant presence in Irish music and entertainment during the 1970s and 1980s. RIP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement