Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to read electrical cert 3 and what should be on it??

Options
  • 12-10-2021 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi all,

I got the house, shed and a few outdoor lights and sockets rewired. Complete new from scratch even moved the board. Have a new second board in the shed as well. I got the cert <50kva and it only listed sockets, lights and fixed appliances. The number on the form was not enough to cover everything between the house, outside and the shed. So I texted the installer and said the numbers don't look right. He said the numbers should be right for inside the house only. The numbers are still not right even of it's just inside the house. Do you not include the ouside or shed on this cert or do you get a certificate for the wiring in a shed or garden? Any help on this before I call him back.

Best Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

All sockets and lights should be counted and included in test records

Your pump is a fixed appliance and should be counted as this (along with cookers,smokes,carbon detectors etc)

the totals on this certificate should tally with the individual circuit numbers on your test records

your rec has to provide a copy of this certificate along with test records to safe electric

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

Ok so an update. Got him to call in yesterday and go through things. He counted up the things again and said he will issue a certificate at the start of next week. I will pot it up when I get it.

Answers

Advertisement