Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Accident in estate - my fault. Is it best to settle or work through insurance

Options
  • 13-10-2021 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So I drive into a car in our estate. No one in the car at the time, mistake was my side. When I found out who owned the car, he was very understanding. Said happy to work with me. It’s a dent on his car, with paintwork damage. Some damage to my car, nothing major. Any advice on what to do to be most cost effective? Gets quite to access the damage? Then pay it myself to fix his car, or Work it through the insurance. Cami enquire with my insurance when I’m ow the cost of damage how that would Impact my no claims bonus? How it might impact my premium moving forward? Can I ring my insurance and ask questions without they enquiring back on details - if I didn't claim through insurance could they note it and ask me at a later date?

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭wandererz

Your insurance is definitely going to go up if you go through your insurance.

Get him to get a few quotes and if it's affordable, do it direct.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

How would you get 'a few' quotes without wasting a day driving around different mechanics and doing alot of hanging around? If I was the injured party here I would be telling you a single price/quote and not wasting my own time.

Advertisement