Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N64/Megadrive Switch Online Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Jafin

Why? All the games on the European app have the NTSC versions anyway. You'll only be playing the PAL versions if you want to play a game in a language other than English.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fair enough, never got the upgrade because it was horrible value for money. 🙂

We had Switch family online for a year here. Can't see me getting it again. Prefer the traditional offline / one game / one cartridge / one release, zero patches, zero surveillance model ☺️ physical only games for me from Nintendo.

Playing on Xbox, it can't even getting the current time without connecting to Microsoft !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

My online sub is due to expire soon and I doubt I'll renew. Cloud saves are nice, but I barely touched the NES/SNES app and the online, which I mainly got to enable remote multiplayer Mario Kart, doesn't get used enough to justify it.

If the Expansion had been priced commensurate to N64 and Mega Drive games, without having the Animal Crossing DLC bolted on, I probably would've tried at least 1 month worth of the higher tier. As is, I doubt I'll bother with online at all. Amazing that the same company that did Satellaview in the early 90s is this bad at online gaming stuff in the 20s...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Not that I play much online (William-no-Mates) but I think the single bog standard Nintendo online is cheap enough, especially from cdkeys or wherever, if I was forced to pay the expansion price I wouldn't bother.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Tbh it's not that the base offering is expensive, so much as I make almost no use of it. It's not awful but neither is it compelling.

It'd be nice if cloud saves were decoupled from NSO and just part of the Switch platform, but I realise this is Nintendo and in a certain sense we're lucky they haven't found some way of charging players per eyeball used to view the display 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

We have the expansion pass, less than €10 a year for the 8 of us is not expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Started playing Paper Mario on NSO over the weekend and really enjoying it. That and Majora's Mask are the two 1st party N64 games that I never played back in the day so will get my money's worth over the next couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Megadrive selection has been a pleasant surprise, wasn't expecting much since we seem to get another Megadrive compilation every other year but have been having a load of fun with Contra, Gunstar, Musha and SoR2. Contra especially has been a highlight, as the series passed me by a bit with its heyday being just a bit before my time.

• Advertisement

Looks like the emu is improving

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ocarina plays great. Played it for the millionth time last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

My subscription is up next week. Anyone know where the best place to get the subscription from? The expansion subscription is looking a bit better now with the MK dlc coming with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Find 7 friends or family members who want it also and it's less than a tenner each

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I've got 7 spots on the family expansion starting today if anyone is interested. Can take payment through revolut or PayPal. It's about 8.75 for the year. PM if interested. Thanks, Griff

(Apologies if this isn't allowed Mods)

When is Majoras Mask? Next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Hi all,

These spots are gone now but 3 people pm'd after it was full so there's probably scope there for someone to set up another group. Might be an idea to set up a thread for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Also looking for an answer to this question. Can't wait to replay!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn, I have this on every format it was released on and have never more than scratched the surface of the thing...

Must get to it...

• Advertisement

Forgot how tough the game is intially when you're milling around with the clock counting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

If this is easy do, then I'll set one up...

(edit I mean the family expansion)

Unlimited saving helps a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

F-Zero X Trailer - Nintendo 64 - Nintendo Switch Online

In this futuristic racer, the key to winning is speed! F-Zero X will become available for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members on March 11!

Choose from 30 different hover-car racers, including updated versions of the Blue Falcon and other vehicles from the original F-Zero™ game, and get ready to hit the acceleration! Race to the finish line on tracks that twist and turn through the air. However, you will have to avoid the other 29 cars on the track or else face the consequences! If you're in a competitive mood, try to win a Grand Prix Cup, get the fastest lap time in a Time Trial, or destroy the competition in a Death Race. You can also challenge three friends in the Versus mode. With five separate play modes, hidden vehicles and courses, and an excellent soundtrack, F-Zero X is a worthy racing title to return to!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Finally, F-Zero comes to the Switch!

Jokes aside, it looks great though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Ahhh man - Deathrace - loved that mode!

Finished Majoras Mask. Forgot how weird it is. And so cold. Like a load of leftover Ocarina ideas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Still shocked they got away with the direction they went with in Majora's Mask - I know it's had its reputation as a stone-cold classic for ages now but it is about as left-field a mainstream follow-up as you can get for what's one of the genuinely biggest and best received games of all times. I mean, even with considering the strange conditions it was made under.

Advertisement