Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N64/Megadrive Switch Online Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Mario Golf arrives on Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack on 15/04!

Hit the fairway with Mario and friends in the Nintendo 64 game that teed off the series.

Toadstool Tour on Gamecube was my introduction to this series, and it was brilliant. I don't think I've missed anything, then or now, by not playing it on N64.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I enjoyed the Mario Golf title on the N64, I think I might still have it on cart.

Look forward to playing a little, once again

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I already own it, but Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion added now

Post edited by CastorTroy on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Where is the best spot to pick up the N64 controller for the Switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,071 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

The Nintendo website (if they have it in stock)

• Advertisement

Pokémon Snap™ - Nintendo 64 - Nintendo Switch Online

Catching Pokémon™ is a snap! Travel to Pokémon Island and meet Professor Oak to begin a safari to take the best possible photographs of over 60 different Pokémon. The Pokémon Snap™game, originally released for the Nintendo 64 system, will be available on 24th June for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members.

SEGA Genesis - June 2022 Game Updates - Nintendo Switch Online

Relive some of the iconic games that defined SEGA Genesis. Today, four additional power-packed games have been added to the SEGA Genesis – Nintendo Switch Online library and are playable right now:

– Comix Zone

– MEGA MAN: THE WILY WARS

– Target Earth

– Zero Wing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Comic Zone is a classic! Looking forward to revisiting that one.

Pokémon™ Puzzle League - Nintendo 64 - Nintendo Switch Online

Get ready for a new kind of Pokémon battle where the power and speed of your brain are just as important as the strength of your Pokémon! Join Ash, Brock, Misty, and many more characters from the Pokémon animated series as they gather in Puzzle Village to compete for the title of Pokémon Puzzle Master.

The Pokémon Puzzle League game, originally released for the Nintendo 64 system, will be available on 7/15 for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members.

Wave Race™ 64 - Nintendo 64 - Nintendo Switch Online

Take to the waves in Wave Race 64, originally released for the Nintendo 64 system, coming to the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members on 19th August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Quality game, which was a sight to behold back in 96, and still holds up well today imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Couple of things, if you have only experienced Wave Race 64 on a PAL machine, you are in for a treat with this release.

It will play at NTSC speed, or the speed our Japanese and American brothers and sisters enjoyed, rather than the slow as molasses thing we got over here.

And, with any luck, this will also be compatible with the rumble feature of the Switch controllers. Originally they re-released it at the time of the N64 Rumble pack, with support enabled, I have it for my NTSC N64 and it is still a fantastic game to play.

Hopefully, 1080° SnowBoarding won't be too far behind it!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmm, will be interesting to try Wave Race 64 - it's one of the titles I remember reading about with envy (particularly after playing some arcade jetski game, maybe Wave Runner?), but never played as only 1 person I knew had an N64.

Is 1080 snowboarding worth a look for someone who is most fond of the Shaun White wii snowboarding games (played on a balance board for best effect)?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My sub is up for renewal next month and I think there is enough in the expansion pass now to make it worthwhile.

Re: 1080, it is a more about the race than stunts, and it was well received for the analogue control over your characters weight on the board, which made it more intuitive, plus the effects of the different surfaces, from compact snow to loose powder to ice. A balance board would be awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I loved 1080 snowboarding.

Played really well...and that was on a PAL N64.

Time for Nintendo to revive it maybe. Or maybe that was the shield surfing in BOTW. 😊

Also, they could have 1080 snowboarding in 1080p resolution now on the Switch. 😊😊

I really liked the Gamecube sequels to both Wave Race and 1080, but they are unlikely to to be ported to the console.

And Nintendo are showing no signs of investing in a Switch-specific title in either franchise, which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Goldeneye!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jj880

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

When did Nintendo launch a .ie store website? Completely missed that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jj880

If you see a product on the uk site you can now change region to Ireland at the top. Seems those retro controllers sell out very quick. They fetch 100+ on ebay.

SEGA Genesis - September 2022 Game Updates - Nintendo Switch Online

Relive some of the iconic games that defined SEGA Genesis. Today, three additional power-packed games have been added to the SEGA Genesis – Nintendo Switch Online library and are playable right now:

ALISIA DRAGOON

Beyond Oasis

Earthworm Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

JIMMMMMMM!

It's life, Jim, but not as we know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

About time after they led with the awful Earthworm Jim 2 for some reason. Extra points for running with the superior Megadrive version as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I turned on EJ2 during the week having never played it before.

Was genuinely taken aback when the hyper-irritating puppy bouncing interlude turned out to be *mandatory to progress* rather than a bonus mini-game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Would love to see your reaction when persevere that, the absolute cancerous shmup level and then realize there's 2 more puppy sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,071 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

What are the chances of a 7 November drop for this game? 25 years to the date of its initial (UK) release

Pilotwings 64 - Nintendo 64 – Nintendo Switch

Japanese trailer

Available from 13th October.

• Advertisement

I can't wait to play this, and with the NTSC version the frame rate will be that bit higher!

Advertisement