Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N64/Megadrive Switch Online Expansion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I was disappointed to find that Wave Race 64 left me cold, so am somewhat interested to see if Pilotwings 64 fares any differently. The SNES version was one I came to very late in the day and never really got on with - I admire what it was trying to do, but Mode 7 wasn't really up to the task IMO.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Did you try the Japanese version of Waverace?

It's much better with the addition of force feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Mario Party & Mario Party 2 - Nintendo 64 – Nintendo Switch Online

Party like it’s the year 1999 (and 2000)! Hit some Dice Blocks and become a Super Star in Mario Party and Mario Party 2, originally released for the Nintendo 64 system, coming to the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members on 2nd November.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

2 days ago (07/11/22) was the 25th anniversary of the European release of Goldeneye.... Nintendo missed a trick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

What a legendary piece of entertainment. Changed console FPS for the better forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yeah was sure they'd drop it on the Switch then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

wonder will it be next year now before it gets a release. a quick search leads to the consensus being the xbox version will be 2023 so i wouldnt be surprised if the switch is the same unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

You might be right, hopefully not a sign of a deal being broken in the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

id be very surprised if that were the case, i think nintendo and mircrosoft are trying their best to play nice at the moment. on EON's end, id hope they arent causing any rights problems at this stage seeing as their 60th anniversary output has been pretty poor so far and a goldeneye re-release would at least be something.

one theory is that it will be added to NSO in december seeing as it would line up somewhat with what was announced for the rest of the year. hoping thats true but then again i was hoping it would be out back in march too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Flash mob hand held death match challenge issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I wonder if they updated the controls to utilize the two thumb sticks instead of using one?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Out now...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The controls are a pig, ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Saw this on facebook. Don't know if it will make a difference. :)

Might stick to playing it on the PC, can customise the controls there.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

I set co trolls to 1.2 in game. Then remapped some controls in the switch controller settings, swapped the control sticks and the shoulder buttons. Made it a lot more playable.

There's guides online in how to do it, https://www.gamespot.com/articles/theres-a-weird-way-to-get-modern-controls-for-goldeneye-on-switch/1100-6510906/

And you can save it as a preset to easily switch back and forth.

I ended up using the lowest tech solution imaginable.

Just held the left and right joycons in the right and the left hands, now movement and looking are in the right places, just a little adjustment for the button assignments but at least it's workable.

Hopefully there'll be some sort of better solution later

The Xbox port just adds two extra control methods in the QWatch menu, one of which is a modern CoD/Halo type mapping, plays much better as a result.

Also, it can be streamed, so I'll be able to play it via Xbox Live, an iPad and a decent controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Is there any way to adjust controller sensitivity? I can’t aim to save my in game life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I have two spaces left on an annual family subscription for this, 8.75 each for the year. Let me know if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Id be interested. Can you send me a DM if you still have space. Thanks

The Xbox port of Goldeneye is much better, certainly from a control perspective.

It is unfortunate, the Switch port of Metroid Prime has a modern control scheme that works really well, Goldeneye really should have the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Give the people what they want often backfires on the people I had to stop playing Goldeneye almost immediately as I can still only play in handheld mode the virtigo effect and absolutely abysmal controls are a killer.

I will still boot the game up once a day for the theme music alone 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Hopefully they patch GoldenEye with new control options.

Now, give us Diddy Kong Racing please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Sorry, all spaces gone now! Worth setting up a thread again maybe though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Metroid Fusion comes to Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack March 9th!

Maybe the thread title could be edited to include Gameboy/GBC/GBA? I don't know if it needs its own separate thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Advertisement