Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic Milk Frother in a Bean to Cup Machine - looking for experience

Options
  • 13-10-2021 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

I'm making the move from Nespresso to bean to cup machine. My other half would like an automatic (one button latte) milk frother machine, which puts me in the realm of 1000, I'm looking for advice from anyone with an automatic milk frother in a bean to cup machine. How do you get on with the milk in the real world, is it a pain in the arse (crusty pipes etc.) or not?

Post edited by Staplor on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

have a siemens eq500 for the last 2 months. first bean to cup, so can't really compare with anything else and a novice with beans etc.

but got this machine for the very reason that it's simple to use and has a variety of choices.

so far so good, have a water filter, it self cleans on start up / shut down, I give it a quick rinse clean every few days. not sure what you mean by crusty pipes - the milk unit & pipes are all detachable and washable

I did a system clean and descale for the first time today

machine can be bought in Irish shops from €599-699, i bought mine used, very good from Amazon Germany for €400ish + delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Sound thanks for that, always good to get someone's view from real use. I guess I was just worried about the milk in the tubes, but sounds as though they have it covered. With the tech

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Also bought the Siemens one. In Argos for €600.

Similar to Nespresso in so far as it’ll never make amazing coffee but it’ll be consistently decent.

The milk frothing is good, jug attaches to the side that you just put in the fridge afterwards.

It auto cleans and there’s a separate full manual clean you can do as well.

Only thing I’d say is a bit of a pain with it is the descaling and filter process is a bit of a faff.

Definitely a great but for two people working at home. Press button = coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I've gone and made the purchase, expecting delivery during the week!

Advertisement