Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Appeals (URGENT)**

• 13-10-2021 3:35pm

Hi, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this.

I appealed a Leaving Cert result where there was clear mistakes made in the marking of the script. I got the outcome back last week, and got one extra mark but didn't increase the grade. I'm now going to opt for the Independent appeal option.

The trouble is that not a lot is known about the Scrutineers. Can anyone help me on this?

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on
    Tagged:

Comments

Fairs dues to you in sitting the exam and not relying on a predicted grade. sorry i cannot guide you on your question

Thanks for replying. That's ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

As far as i`m aware when you ask for an appeal you get your transcript and you look it over with your teacher.

Did you do this?

What grade does your teacher think you should have gotten?

The fact you`ve gotten one extra mark from the appeal means 2 markers are now in agreement. No harm going the independent appeals route, just don't get your hopes up.

I went in and viewed it. There was quite a few examiner mistakes. Certain answers which were correct and write also sample answers in the marking scheme were marked as incorrect. It doesn't make any sense.

All in all, I only needed 6 more marks to go up a grade. I could've gotten at least 5 plus a few more in other areas.

Definitely won't be getting too hopeful about the appeal but I'll try it.

Advertisement