Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder Island (Channel4)

Options
  • 13-10-2021 4:30pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is an interesting premise for a show with so many people interested in true crime - dramas, podcasts, films, books I'm sure there are lots of people who would fancy themselves as amateur detectives.

A body's discovered. The murder investigation begins. But this is no ordinary mystery, but one set by crime writer Ian Rankin as eight ordinary members of the public compete to find the killer.

There are 4 pairs of 'detectives' going around the island interviewing different people. I'm surprised to see Former Detective Inspector Simon Harding on the show, I last saw him on Sky News only last week when Wayne Couzens was sentenced for the murder of Sarah Everard.

Post edited by miamee on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

4 episodes in and I am still watching this. The first episode wasn't great but it has gotten better as it goes along. It's an odd blend of reality tv and fiction. All of the persons of interest, suspects, etc are all actors but it kind of works. There are 3 senior ex-detectives overseeing their investigations and giving some tips on what to work on, e.g interview techniques. They don't know who the murderer is or the scenario any more than the amateur detectives do.

They have sent home one pair of 'detectives' every week. I thought this week's choice was surprising, I was expecting the two lads to go as they seem not to be very far along in their investigation but I suppose it is about how they deal with the evidence they do have and the two ladies had been given a lot of information they had overlooked.

Anyway - two pairs of detectives left and my money is on Richmond and Sarah, I really like them as a couple and they are doing very well. I'd watch a programme just with them in it :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Well the final episode was quite good, liked the way they wrapped it up and I am delighted for Sarah and Richmond solving the case and winning the £50,000 - not to be sneezed at!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd question whether their case would have held up in court but you'd have to cut them some slack as to be fair, suspect interrogation isn't something you can pick up overnight. Getting the suspect to crack in an interview is something I'd imagine is a skill it takes police officers years to hone.

I know, I thought it was going to be a no myself as the evidence seemed mostly circumstantial. I found it was an odd one to watch as you know the suspects are all characters playing apart. It was interesting all the same, wonder if they got much in the way of viewership. The number of responses to the thread would suggest not 😂

Advertisement