Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Championship

Options
  • 13-10-2021 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭

First round draw for tomorrow's European championship:

Simon Whitlock v William Borland

Brendan Dolan v Kim Huybrechts

Rob Cross v Keane Barry

Luke Humphries v Callan Rydz

Jose de Sousa v Lewis Williams

Peter Wright v Florian Hempel

Mensur Suljovic v Adam Hunt

Joe Cullen v Ted Evetts

Adam Gawlas v Joe Murnan

Krzysztof Ratajski v Danny Noppert

James Wade v Adam Smith-Neale

Nathan Aspinall v Mervyn King

Michael Smith v Ryan Searle

Michael van Gerwen v Boris Krcmar

Gerwyn Price v Ritchie Edhouse

Damon Heta v Gabriel Clemens

As mentioned in other threads some big name absentees like Clayton and DVD due to only 2 Euro qualifier events

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Surprisingly this tournament has higher prize money than the Grand Prix, I always thought this was one of the 'second tier, TV tournaments but obviously not anymore.

It's a great chance for some of the lesser players that have qualified to pick up some much needed ranking money.

Annoyingly I don't have ITV4 as it's not on Vodafone TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

The tuning frequency for ITV4 on Sky also recently changed and I missed the nights darts before I figured it out 😳

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Shock of the round Hempel beating Wright with ease 6-3. Really good with his doubles

Terrible crowd for a Friday night and a poor enough atmosphere, darts not great either. Hopefully improves

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

A tasty clash this afternoon between price and mvg. Price averages have been well over 100 in both games. MvG playing ok too, think price will have too much for him in a race to 10 though.

Agree about the atmosphere, dead. Itvs production has been very cheap looking latley

• Advertisement

Great game so far, I’d like to see MvG win it, just needs to hold his throw now

TbL

And Price breaks immediately back 😳

Old MvG would very rarely allow that to happen

TbL

That was class

TbL

Wow what a game. Vintage MvG. Best game I've seen in many a year

Jose DS needs to get his glasses back on quick smart…😎

TbL

• Advertisement

Delighted Suljovic the snail is out!

TbL

Feel a bit sorry for Cullen, looks like he suffers from serious confidence issues.

Getting battered

TbL

Shocking from Cullen.

MvG hit 8 out of 35 attempts at double in that final, really poor tournament again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I mostly had the tournament on in the background. There were some excellent games but they were mostly surrounded by terrible matches. The production looked very cheap and the crowds were poor bar the latter stages.

I'm absolutely amazed that the prize money was more for this than the Grand Prix. Baffling.

Advertisement