Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso Magimix Inessia & Milk Frother

Options
  • 13-10-2021 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Hi, I normally make coffee in a french press but am looking for a more intense flavour so was looking at this entry level Nespresso original pods compatible machine plus frother for my frothy OH.

POWERCITY - 11360 MAGIMIX NESPRESSO INISSIA COFFEE MACHINE WITH AEROCCINO BLACK COFFEE MAKER - GRINDER

At €150 it's probably as much as I'd like to pay. The alternative is €40 for a Dolce gusto machine from my local Lidl but this looks a bit more solid and worth the extra.

What do you coffee experts think, Nespresso or cheapo DG?

Thanks in advance. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Have never had a DG I've liked, so I'd go Nespresso. I get good use out of my Nespresso virtuo, but am paying a fortune for pods (WFH has sent my coffee bill soaring). Will be going bean to cup route shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Thanks Staplor,

Went ahead and bought it. Happy enough with it so far, the only fiddly thing is inserting the pods where they don't quite sit right and when you go to close you feel resistance and if you continue it buggers up the pod and temporarily jams the mech. Already lost a couple of pods but getting the hang of it now. I saw this problem mentioned in one YouTube video.

The Inissia seems to be discontinued but PowerCity appears to have a number in stock, probably says something about PC as a retailer. They also have the Essenza Mini bundled with a frother for €10 less but it looked more flimsy and had only a 1 year warranty as opposed to 3 years with the Inessia.

Advertisement