Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dorothy Perkins and brexit

• 13-10-2021 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Anyone bought from Dorothy Perkins website since brexit? Need some new jumpers but afraid of customs charges.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

DP is owned by boohoo now, no Brexit issues with any of the brands across that group as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Sorry to resurrect an old topic but I did not want to create a completely new thread from something that has been discussed before. Has anyone been able to order from DP recently? I made an order at the end of November/beginning of December from their Ireland website. From what I understood, there was to be no added expense. Not so sure now and not sure they still deliver to Ireland. They sent an automated email that the parcel had left their premises. Then a few hours later DPD UK tracking shows a delay but fair enough, Storm Barra might be the reason or just Christmas coming up. Now it's listed as being returned to sender. As far as I know the order never even left UK so it can't be Irish customs. DPD tracking had trouble with Eircode and the Irish DPD never found the parcel. As usual, Dorothy Perkins customer service is useless and do not even read my messages. Earlier they've never been helpful in anything; do not know anything about sizing, materials or their own size charts. Basically it seems like bunch of people working there but doing what, I don't know.

I checked their page on website and it's filled with angry people not receiving their orders or any reply from DP. Have I just made a big mistake? What makes this even nicer is that I paid for it with Revolut and apparently their "buyer protection policy" doesn't promise they'll be helpful at all in case a seller fails to deliver what you've paid for. I don't feel like ordering anything in the near future. Lately it's been a disappointment after disappointment no matter what courier or shop.

Update on this... They promised to send the order again but so far haven't. No-one is answering the customers via email, Instagram, Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp. I am sensing this company will fall soon.

Do not order from them!!!

The order was sent twice via DPD and DPD returned it to them twice without any explanation. They promised to send it to me again but then said they cannot do it for whatever reason. Some limit reached or something. I am assuming same goes for all customers in Ireland then. They have promised me a refund but what I wanted was my order.

Never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 claribcn

Yes, I ordered a 350€ order, I am from Spain I haven't seen my order neither the money, and they are not being helpful. The same think with the two orders with dpc.

Don't buy to this website :(

• Advertisement

New company Dorothy Perkins in name only.

Sorry to hear of your woes. Best to make all online purchases with a credit card, far easier to get money back... as its their money you are using until contract completed and charge back process will be much quicker.

I'm happy to say I did get my money back. Wasn't expecting them to be so quick but just checked and they've returned it overnight. What's strange is that after they told me on Messenger they're not going to send it again and will issue a refund, I received an email from the customer service saying I should be patient as "a resend has been actioned" so I should keep my eye on "the resend to be delivered". Yeah... not bloody likely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 flufy1

Hi just wondering did you ever receive your order from Dorothy Perkins? I'm having the same issue. Have placed a few orders recently and all have been returned to DP by DPD. Dp customer service is useless, they have more or less told me not to bother ordering agsin and refuse to check with DPd why orders are being returned. I'M wondering is it a customs issue, one order i placed before xmas for €179 did arrive no problem. The other orders were all more than €200 and never arrived.

Hi, I never did receive the order. They gave me a refund but that's a lousy consolation when you were expecting clothes and not to be in the same situation you were before you made the order. I find it really strange that they are simply willing to lose their whole customer base in Ireland by just telling them "sorry, no can do, here's your money". Why no explanations from DPD? I also thought it might be the customs but my order was under €100 and I was under the impression Dorothy Perkins would take care of all the arrangements. If not, at least I thought DPD would let me know about the additional expenses.

They promised me they would get to the bottom of it and fix things but it seems to me they did absolutely nothing. I think they are also removing some of the comments from their Facebook page because there's very few Irish customers commenting but based on some of the comments, they are still having problems delivering the orders.

Just in case anyone is still wondering about this, I decided to find out if things have changed. Dorothy Perkins tells me not to worry and urge me to order again promising the parcel will now reach me. Not sure since they gave me no specifics as to what has been fixed so I asked DPD. They told me that back in December, "the customs data shared by the sender was incomplete due to which the parcel was sent back to the sender". For whatever reason, no-one thought it would be a good idea to inform me about it. In fact, when I asked DP about it at the time, they claimed they had no idea what went wrong.

I'll see if DP will answer back to me as to how they've changed the process. I won't be ordering again until I'm at least somewhat convinced they've made some changes and know how to handle things with deliveries outside UK.

• Advertisement

My wife used to work for DPs, in store sales assistant. They did her out of a week’s holiday pay when she finished up and refused to pay it. This was a good few years back.

Not sure about saving us money, but it cost DPs a fortune as she stopped shopping there. Penny wise…

So, not surprised head office was incompetent when it came to admin.

Well... Looks like no-one knows what to do over there. I wonder if they still have customers outside UK. I could not get them to understand what I was asking and they never did answer me how they are handling things so I'm guessing they're not.

I tried asking them if they have a system in place that would calculate the charges for the customer so they can pay for the customs charges: no, because they have customers from so many countries. I asked them how this is handled (assuming they must have their side of the deal working as well since DPD told me Perkins is sharing incomplete data with them), all they said was that after I've paid the customs charges, to take a picture as proof and send it to them so they can reimburse it. Now, how can I pay any charges when I have no idea how much I need to pay and the courier never contacts me about it?! And since DPD is not getting paid, they will send it back to Dorothy Perkins.

I guess I could try ordering but I don't have much faith in that the order would ever arrive here. I'm done with those muppets. No-one has the faintest idea on what to do post-Brexit and no-one wants to do anything about it. I guess they can do just fine with just UK customers and if not, well they can go bankrupt for all I care.

They'd want to be REALLY nice clothes for the bother. It'd probably be less hassle if you plan a shopping trip to the UK - one day specifically for DP and if you arrange the flight for off peak might even save you money (if not time).

Advertisement