Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Purchase - Qualification of Title - Avant

Options
  • 13-10-2021 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi, I'm well into the purchase process and two minor planning items showed up during the survey. 1) porch door has been added in and 2) vehicular access has been increased (i.e. the front wall has been resized so the access is larger than it should be)

These were picked up by my engineer during survey and shared with solicitor. As sellers are in the house less than 7 years, they cannot provide declaration for 7 year rule.

Solicitor has written to Avant to seek qualification however they have sent back a very generic letter stating they need either declaration of 7 year rule OR retention of planning.

Trying to engage with someone at avant and discuss this. For the porch we could get an engineer to provide cert of exemption, however for wall that's not possible. However I could give an undertaing to re-instate the pillar.

Has anyone any experience of this? Either with Avant or some other lender. Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Might be quicker/easier to get the sellers to actually reinstate the pillar first? Its probably a morning's work for anyone who knows their way around a trowel.

The sellers of my place had to do the same but fortunately they went through the planning retention process and realised this before they went to market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

I have a neighbour who made a wooden pillar and wall section and painted it the same colour vas the rest of the wall. I wouldn't have known about it but the local big-mouth who is some kind of an unqualified carpenter told every other neighbour about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

Just an update on this - I hired another engineer to determine if these minor changes may be exempt from planning and that was his opinion. He cited certain regulations/codes and we pulled the request for qualification of title . I think the recommendations above would also have worked but this seemed the quickest way to resolve! So just wanted to add that here in case anyone else was experiencing something along the same lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tommie 19

hi just wondering if you got the qualification on the title approved, and how long did it take?

Advertisement