Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water filter for under the sink

Options
  • 14-10-2021 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has gotten a water filter installed under their kitchen sink and who did they use and how much did it cost?

Sick of buying bottled water, the money isn’t the problem it’s the effort required carrying them back from the shop all the time. It’s getting tiresome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

I bought an under sink water filter for our house. Got it in Screwfix (link below). Installed it myself. It was very straight forward, though I do a good bit of DIY.

It's a big improvement over the unfiltered water. Only niggle is it reduces pressure (on it's own tap) quite a bit so is slow to fill even a glass. Pressure from the mains at our house isn't great anyway so probably a factor. We got around this by filling glass bottles and leaving them in the fridge.

€43 well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I got a brita one on Amazon. About €100 at the time I think. It replaced my standard mixer tap in the kitchen. Slow flow on the filter, as mentioned above, but I don't mind.

So much better than having the filter jug taking up space in the fridge/worktop.

Advertisement