Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Nintendo Regret

Options
  • 14-10-2021 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭

A First World Problem/Discussion.

What's your biggest Nintendo regret ?

Me:

Selling my SNES classic mini to clear up some space. But the bloody thing didn't take up any space. Sad Face.

Selling my Wii: I have a Wii U that'll play the Wii games + it does HDMI. But the Wii also played GameCube games (if I had any). And the Wii U has too many parts that can easily break. Sad face.

No regrets selling PAL N64 or SNES. Always felt like I was getting dumped on with PAL games.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Until about a year ago, it was giving my copy of Super Mario Sunshine for GC away (with my GC) when I got a Wii. Figured I'd donate the GC to a charity shop, and consoles will sell better if they have at least one game with them. Took a while, but in due course I got a hankering to revisit it.

Come the release of 3D All-Stars I got to take Mario on an island holiday all over again, and remember the annoying bits as well as the good bits.

I'll also say dropping off the handheld consoles when the GBA came out - that had some great games in its own right, but the DS had even more (and its homebrew scene came up with some fantastic stuff, basically making the DS into a sort of smartphone a couple of years before they existed commercially). Every now and again I do some mental arithmetic to determine if the 3DS or 2DS have come down in price enough for me to pick one up, but, well, Nintendo kit holds its value...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Selling my Pokemon gba and ds collection including a sealed platinum diamond and pearl 8 years ago for a now very low price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Selling some of my US and JPN SNES games back in the day. Super Ghouls N Ghosts, Lemmings, F-Zero to buy… I don’t even remember what.

I also wish I’d kept my PAL games instead of just regarding them as junk when I got a US SNES. Stupid teenaged me

I’ve got them back now, but they’re not the ones I originally owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I don't even know where my PAL SNES and games went to....

I do know where my PAL N64 and games are. Time for mission impossible style recovery ... 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Not keeping my N64 somewhere safer. I had left it in my parents house when I got the Gamecube along with about dozen games and 4 controllers. Was living in rented accommodation at the time so had no where to store it. Went looking for it a good few years later when I had my own place and it had gone awol. Youngest brothers say they knew nothing about it but suspect it was half inched by one of their friends or traded against playstation games.

Really wish I still had it. It was the only generation where truly had time to game. Goldeneye is the only game I ever truly mastered and Majoras Mask the last Zelda I 100% completed.

Still have the Gamecube and Wii. Only my Wii U and Switch are set up in living room though. Hopefully someday I'll have a mancave to have everything set up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Just realised I also had a GameBoy and GameBoy Pocket that I played a few games on and I have no idea where they went.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Major: Abandoning Ocarina of Time as a 15/16 yr old because it was too hard. Eventually going back a few years later and completing it with an internet guide. Removing all sense of wonder and achievement in the process. Hoping now that enough time has passed for it to feel like a new game when the expansion pack launches, but I made sure to use ZERO guides for BotW and so glad I did.

Lesser: Not keeping NES/SNES/N64 for the retro appeal (retro gaming wasn't really a think before the internet. You just weren't keeping up with the times if you didn't have the latest console!)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you've access to a 3DS, the Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask remakes there are excellent (for the most part), providing many QOL updates to the games.

The Majora's Mask one unfortunately makes a few gameplay changes that don't work so well, but these can be mostly rectified with a patch that's fairly easy to do, if the 3DS is soft-modded, or when using emulation:

There's also a couple of different HD texture packs available for anyone going down the emulation route too. And when soft-modded, the 3DS can dump the carts to use in the emulator really easily.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't know if I have any Ninty regrets, to be honest.

I've owned most things, and sold them, but I bought them all again, so no harm done.

I would have liked to have gotten a 64DD before they got stupid expensive.

I have a cart of Super Metroid and I had the chance, a couple of years ago, to buy the box and manual for it to make it complete... but I didn't :(

Maybe that is my greatest Nintendo regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Switch is my first Nintendo console. Probably my only regret is not getting into Nintendo sooner. The upside of that though is all these SNES and N64 games that are coming to Switch are all basically new games for me.

• Advertisement

Telling my uncle to turn down the job Nintendo offered him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Tork

I'm sorry I sold my old handhelds, especially the Gameboy Advance and the DS. Moreso, the games that went with them. They went all the way back to Tetris which had come with the original Gameboy of course. After being away from console gaming for a few years, I bought a Switch and that has relit the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Selling all my SNES games for a tenner each to the bouncer of the local pub when I was a teenages to buy booze and hash or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Selling my original NES... but even moreso giving away my Atari 2600 to my cousins, who never touched it in the end :(

Admittedly I'd need to find a CRT to play them both though.. so I'd prob be too lazy to sort that

Advertisement