Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GeForce and DaVinci Resolve

Options
  • 15-10-2021 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I have a Huawei matebook and use Davinci Resolve for editing videos. When setting up the laptop Geforce experience was preloaded but needed to be activated. I did this and downloaded Davinci and it worked. Since then I've had numerous times where either Davinci or Geforce would have an update and afterwards I'd get an error message about Davinci not being able to run and to make sure I've selected discrete gpu.

I've watched videos online on how to fix this as it seems a common problem but all of the videos have the user opening Geforce and clicking 3 dots and changing from game driver to studio driver. My Geforce doesn't have that option, when I click the three dots it only offers to search for available updates. I've tried downloading studio drivers from Nvidia but every time I do they won't run because they aren't compatible with my device.

I'm wondering has anyone had the same issue and know of a fix or does anyone know of an alternative driver I could download to use?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement