Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Alarm System in new build

• 15-10-2021 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭

Recently moved into new build, whole house is wired for alarm system, control panel at front door, all windows and doors as well as corners for motion sensors. The utility room is where the wiring is for what I can only assume is the base unit?

The amount of options is overwhelming, monitored/non monitored, wireless/non wired etc.

We are leaning towards Gard alarms as a friend had it installed, its very neat and has the option of an app for your phone which would be a plus for us. I understand its self monitored. I think this is a HKC system that I can see is discussed on here a lot.

Is it advised to have shock sensors on windows upstairs as well as downstairs, or would this be more of a waste?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Pioneer Security are PSA registered and NSAI certified.

I’ve recommended them to family and friends and I know a business owner who I didn’t recommend personally but by coincidence got pioneer in and he’s been super happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

Shock sensors are designed to pick up on an intruder trying to gain access through the window or door.

Contacts are designed to show the opening of the window and door.

The ideal solution is a combination of both backed up with one or two motion detectors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Appreciate the heads up lads.

For example a front window (opening on either side) would a shock sensor on only one side suffice? Would it pick up if the other opening was trying to be opened?

Will have motion sensor in hallway. Shock on back door and back window, and shock on front door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

You would need to test to be sure that the vibration is picking up in the area of the second opening.

If in doubt use two Inertia/Contacts to cover both sides of the window.

Advertisement