Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and holidays/leaving the country

• 15-10-2021 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm on BTEA, does anyone know can you leave the country for a few days? Only about 4 days, and it will be during mid term break, so there will be no lectures etc.

Is this allowed? I know with jobseekers you have 2 weeks holiday entitlement, but no idea about BTEA, if you have experience please let me know

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,681 ✭✭✭✭zell12

It is allowed. BTEA is available for those going abroad on Erasmus. If it's only four days, probably does not matter a jot

Check the BTEA operational guidelines on the DSP website

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Thanks, I know Erasmus is acceptable since it's a part of the college degree so you're allowed to do it, but I'm not sure about personal trip for a few days, like the trip isn't related to college or anything, think I'll reach out to the department and see what they say about

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Cookiee

So I spoke with the DEASP and they said on the BTEA payment I am entitled to holidays and can request them from my local office

Advertisement