Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milltown Luas

• 16-10-2021 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

We are a family of four and are looking to buy an apartment in Shanagarry in Milltown. I went to view it however I can't figure out how to get to the Luas. There are no lights to cross the road in front of the complex, am I missing something?

TWith two young kids I want to make sure I find a safe way to get around.

Thank you.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try asking in a forum related to the topic, such as the Dublin City forum:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Might you be American? In Ireland there are no real jay-walking laws (it's only illegal to cross within 15 metres of a crossing and you aren't using the crossing - it is almost never enforced), so you can normally cross anywhere.

While Milltown Road does sometimes have faster traffic, the presence of the median means you can cross one direction of traffic at a time. At peak times, traffic can be stop-start. If crossing at the Luas bridge, just be careful to always cross with the bridge pier to your right, so that when you are crossing the second part of the road, you have line of sight to traffic. If you are crossing with a buggy, you will need to pick your crossing point.

Advertisement