Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On line banking transaction printing or reporting

Options
  • 16-10-2021 11:55pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've discovered the hard way this evening that a feature that used to be available before the changes to the "new and improved" on line web app is no longer available, and there is no way to achieve what should be a simple and fundamental task. I have sent a payment to a supplier in the UK, and on the web based application, it used to be possible to print a copy of the screen confirmation of the success of the transaction. The diffuculty of using the web app means that smartphones are now the default device for most users, but there is an issue, which is that getting any sort of confirmation of a successful transaction at the time, or even after the event is impossible, as it can't be screen captured or downloaded, and there's no way to get a temporary statement or similar to confirm that the transaction has indeed been entered into the system. WIth the advent of the brave new world of secure banking, any attempt to take a screen capture from Android results in a message that it can't be done due to security settings, It's not possible to print a temporary statement, along the lines of what's available using a terminal in the branch, and if for whatever reason a branch is not available (like an overseas trip) it's effectively impossible to get even a copy of recent transactions to work with for checking balances etc. As far as I am concerned, this is a very retrograde move, and with the reduction in the number of branches, I suspect that there will be a significant number of users who are going to be less than happy about this, as the other shortcoming is that there is no way to request a statement, and again, if away from home, that's not going to be a lot of help. It used to be possible to print the transactions that were as yet not on statement, but this is now effectively impossible. Bad, retrograde move that makes it even harder to do the basics of operating a bank account and using it effectively. I will respectfully suggest that urgent requests be put into the system to restore the functionality that was part of the old on line banking system as a matter of considerable urgency, with the other option being to remove the security block on taking a screen capture on Android, so that a user can at least take a copy of the success message for their records.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Sorry about the awful format, I didn't type it like that, and there's no option to go back into the message and correct the way that the editor has mangled it.

As typed, it had reasonable paragraphs in the message, but it destroyed it when it was posted.

I have reported these errors to the relevant department.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭Tow

They will happily post out a confirmation of payment... Looks like it was printed from a 1960's mainframe and not even on headed paper 🙄

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Irish Steve, thanks for your post here.

Please be assured you can order an up to date statement on your Mobile App by logging in an select 'Services' and then 'Manage Statements'. The statement should be available for you online within 2 working days and you should receive a text or email once it is available for you.

You can also certainly order a proof of payment for any transfers you make online by logging into your Mobile App and select 'Services' and then 'Send us a message' and one of my colleagues would be happy to help.

I hope this helps. We really appreciate you sharing your feedback with us here on Boards.ie.

Thanks, Eve

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Eve,

The issue with your suggestions is that they require intervention from staff, so dependent on working hours and availability. It used to be the case that a record of a transaction could be captured at the time, without having to get anyone to become involved, and that is a functionality that really needs to be available, rather than having to wait maybe 3 days before someone can process the request, and that's without any delays as a result of staff availability and transaction backlog.

I wasn't aware that statements could be ordered easily via services, so that's something I will look at, for reasons I don't fully understand, it seems the statement interval on the account is set to annual frequency, while I wasn't doing much on the account, it didn't matter, but being able to get things and check them is a lot more messing than it used to be.

I have to use several on line banking systems now, and it seems strange that there is no option on BOI to be able to do a print of the current display, as the other apps that I'm now having to use (UK banks where I'm operating as attorney for parents) seem to be much better serviced in this respect, and in one case, there's an option to set up a weekly report of transactions that meet specific settings, which is very helpful, and can avoid a lot of questions, and one of the banks has an option to set up an instant text notification of any transactions above a user defined value, which is a huge comfort factor when the account is operated by an elderly family member. It's a pity that some of these options are not available from BOI.

I am well aware that there is a background legacy issue in relation to the upgrades of on line banking, but given the massive moves in that direction, and the decimation of the branch network, I had hoped that the pace of change from BOI would have been a little more ambitious, in that it's clear that branch banking as such is very much not the favoured option, so making the on line systems as comprehensive and simple as possible would be to me a no brainer. Time will tell, the hope is that there will be more improvements along the lines that I've mentioned.

Best regards

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Thanks for coming back to me here Steve.

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us here on Boards.ie and will be sure to pass it along to the relevant team.

In relation to changing the frequency of your statements, you can certainly do so by contacting our Customer Service Desk directly. You can request to change the frequency to every 3 or 6 months, rather than every 12 months.

If you log into your Mobile App and select 'Services' then 'Send us a message' or by calling 0818365365 and one of my colleagues would be happy to help.

Thanks, Eve

• Advertisement
Advertisement