Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testing the posting of new messages, to see if the same problem is happening here as is talk to

Options
  • 17-10-2021 12:12am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is a test message to see if the issue that's just mangled a message in the bank of Ireland thread is also happening here.

If it is, this message will have lost the paragraph settings when it gets updated on to the board,

The result if it's failing to work correctly will be a message that's horrible to read, and can't be edited to correct the error, and that's not ideal.

So, let's see what happens when I hit post.

My fear is that this is going to work, because the structure of the page is different, even though it's in the same sub area of the site.

Here goes.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

OK, mixed result, and even more confusing.

It didn't mangle the format of the message, but I still can't edit the first post, despite me being the originator.

All I can do is hope that the relevant people get to see the issue, and can get it resolved.

Another issue is that the bookmark this discussion box is not there on the first post, but comes up subsequently, as it has done on this post

Update after posting, the issue that had gone away which meant we saw 2 copies of the same message after posting the update seems to have returned, to get rid of the second appearance, I have to go back up a level and then reselect the discussion, at which point , it reverts to the way it should be.

OH dear, to put it bluntly, steps forward and steps backward seems to be the order of things at the moment. VERY frustrating indeed.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

So to summarise the first issue, posts are losing their structure when posted in a TTF forum, is that correct?

The 'Bookmark this discussion' feature, very oddly, does not apply to the opening post only subsequent comments. I have suggeseted it as an addition to the feature but no immediate plans to change it right now.

It's odd that you can't edit your first post, was that this thread or the one in BOI? Or both?

The double post appearing is a nuisance, I'll log that as an error again.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

That about sums it up, but I'm not sure what's happening with posts now, there's so many strange things happening, the best description is that it's doing the sort of things that used to happen on the old site when the slave servers got out of sync.

What I do know is that the pleasure has gone out of it at the moment, and Odhran needs to make his mind up what sort of site he wants going forward, as this is unsustainable.

Advertisement