Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service Recruitment 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jamesfarrell507

Has any persons gotten a response since sitting the aptitude accessment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Jimmy113

No, not a word.

Just to call out the following was noted in the confirmation mail...

All candidates will be advised of the outcome to this stage in the process. Due to the volume of candidates received this may take some time - we appreciate your patience in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Robbie5034

Nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hc2018

Suspence is killing me waiting to here back. Could be another few weeks though

• Advertisement

Yeah, the waiting is a killer. Hopefully we’ll hear soon.

How did you find the tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Walsh-97

Anybody hear anything yet?

No, nothing.

The verbal reasoning a bit tricky and tight for the time. The other ones fairly straight forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Rob_1990

Post edited by Rob_1990 on

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Baby S 85

Looks like we will be waiting till next week.

For the next stage, is there any websites for preparing?

For interview?

I thought I read that there will be an aptitude test? Surely to god that questionnaire wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Baby S 85

The aptitude test was the first stage, our CV's along with test scores our been reviewed at the moment, they will select from that who will be put through for first round interviews. Verbal reasoning, firefighter talent screener and safety/dependability questionnaire. That's what I was sent.

I did the Verbal reasoning, firefighter talent screener and safety/dependability questionnaire.

Surely that's not classed as an aptitude test?

Maybe I'm over thinking it but when I did the aptitude test for DFB it was a lot thougher e.g. Numerical reasoning, spacial awareness, observation

The initial information clearly states what was involved in the process. What we were sent was as outlined. Now they will review the scores and the CV’s together to see if they both match their requirements to move forward to the next stage. You might score high in the assessments but your CV might not be up to scratch, so I don’t think it’s as straight forward as you seem to think it is.

Then there will be second interview along with a heights test, claustrophobia tests, fitness test and a medical.

Why would you be looking for more?! If that’s what they require so be it.

All I'm saying is it didn't seem to be much of an "aptitude" test.

I wish the best to all involved and hopefully we get some feedback in the coming days.

There's some good videos out there in relation to what the job involves

Surely we’ll hear this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

I got a "better luck next time" response just now. I was suffering a serious head cold for the online assessment so that's my excuse!

Me too! I’m 44 in Jan so that’s my excuse. Sure we can’t be accused of not trying. The very best of luck to all that make it. I’m sure it will be an amazing career.

Got the same email i dont have an excuse felt i was very well prepared but what can ye do

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jamesfarrell507

Unfortunately not this time.

Well always next time 🤞🤞🤞

Exactly if we didnt apply at all we would of had zero chance

• Registered Users Posts: 12 C_mc

I Got the same "better luck next time " email.

Ah sure it was worth a try

I got the "better luck next time" too.

A bit disappointed but if your not in you can't win. Would have been nice to get some feedback though

I wonder how many out of the 40 are going internal? It’s a shame as I thought I had done well on the assessments. Anyway that’s how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

6 of my relatives got the same email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Comot73

Did anyone actually manage to find the job specifications or download anything about the actual day to day or the training phases ?

I know the link was 404 during the advertisement, just wondering if anyone got past it ?

Advertisement