Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New handicap system

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭OEP

You can and we had to do that in our club because putting in a scratch was giving us a nett par on Golf Ireland. I pick a number 1 more than nett double bogey and then the app gives you a nett double. Write the correct score on your scorecard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yeah, if its a stableford round its irrelevant if you do that. It has the same impact on your points scored, and the same impact on your adjusted round score for handicap purposes doesn't it?

Obviously strokes is a very different thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭srfc d16

Thanks all. Score has been adjusted by hcap committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I would never do that. Mark as picked up. The option is there for that and the system will allocate the net double.

I understand the logic, but I think it’s a dangerous avenue to go down.

Imagine someone browsing scores and see you are in for a double somewhere, but they saw you earlier on make a ball of the hole and stick the ball in your pocket. Now imagine the stories that will spread like Chinese whispers………🥺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Technically you shouldnt do that as a scratch and a one more than your handicap are not the same and may corrupt the data a little if you want to analyse it for indexes

On top of the chinese whispers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭OEP

It won't look any different on the Golf Ireland app. We were literally told to do this at my club last year, seems to be fixed now.

Advertisement