Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast with family two nights

Options
  • 18-10-2021 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

HI guys,

looking for recomendations on accomadation/restaurants/etc...

Looking to drive up to Belfast on 26th and spend two nights with wife and children. Would it be possible to take in titanic, christmas markets and a trip over to see giants causeway? its a birthday get away for my wife who really wants to see giants causeway but I have no idea of its accessibility to belfast and how much of a day it would take to do all of the things I have mentioned.

Im thinking of drivnig up on the fridaty from Dublin and doing the Christmas Markets that evening/night and then giants causeway and Titanic on the Saturday.

Is this possible? and if so any hotels (deals would be great), restaurants etc that you could recommend as Ive never been to Belfast before, havent a clue about the christmas markeyts either.

Any help/advice would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,594 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am not sure what Christmas markets there are, there was one at city hall previously, and obviously George's market is there year round.

You are talking maybe 3 hours plus to drive to giant's causeway and back.

Hotel wise there are a tonne of options it all depends on budget. Have a look on TripAdvisor I stayed in the Fitzwilliam last time I was up and it was excellent but pricey a lot of my friends have recommended bullit.

Restaurants again absolutely loads of options. Nu Delhi the Indian is excellent holohans is also really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

26th? of?

if November then the market will be on.

there are dozens of restaurants in Belfast from greasy spoons to Michelin star places. Cathedral quarter or university area are best for cheaper to midrange stuff.

Giants causeway is a good daytrip but it is 90 mins each way to get there.

As Samuel Johnston said........"Worth seeing, yes; but not worth going to see." :o)

Hotels, range from Premier Inn (right beside titanic) to the Merchant (costs as MUCH as the titanic!)

Belfast is buzzing and well worth a trip. I live 8 miles out and we're going for a weekend in December!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

H,

Ive booked the holiday inn for family to stay 26-28th of nov. Travelling up from Dublin on friday so will hope to do the christmas markets on the friday evening and get some diner somewhere nice for families (open to sugestions). Saturday morning im going to take the drive out to Giants Causeway and then hopefully do the Titanic in the afternoon when we get back. Again looking for somewhere to book for diner on the saturday night.

Any tips etc would be most welcome as we have never been before and its a special treta for my wifes birthday as shes always wanted to visit giants causeway.

Cheers

Advertisement