Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit card not being accepted

Options
  • 18-10-2021 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

Hi, my wife's visa card keeps getting rejected by online transactions (joint account) we just spoke to "Barry" in customer services who said he couldn't see any problem with the card but he would issue a new one. Before we could ask any more questions he was gone. My query is will a new card be any different to what we have now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi There

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

The new card will be with your wife within 5-7 business days. Once activated at ATM, this will work fine for online purchases.

Just to add, with a joint account some card online purchases maybe challenged and may require authorisation for purposes of SCA whereby you may be asked to swipe to approve on the App. Each party to a joint account will need to have their own online profile on the App to finalise the purchase. https://www.bankofireland.com/sca/

Hoping the above helps,

Many thanks

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Comerman

My wife uses the 365 app frequently (sole user) and her card gets declined BUT I don't use it or have any profile on it and my cards get accepted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi thanks for coming back to us.

Without account access it's difficult for us here to determine why the card was not working initially for your wife. If it's a straight decline, it could relate to the site the purchase is being made through. If it is SCA related, the site may not have adequate 3D Secure tool to follow through with purchase.

We also have a card security team that may restrict the card for online although this is generally communicated to customer prior to restricting card. This would be checked when your wife made the call.

As mentioned, difficult to assess it here although the new card should work fine once it's activated.

We would invite you to register for online with us on ROI freephone 1800946156 with SCA it is possible that in the future the transaction maybe challenged and approval to complete will be required through the App.

Hoping the above helps,

Many thanks

Alison

Advertisement