Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Issues tonight ?

Options
  • 18-10-2021 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭

All,

anybody having an issue with their sky service tonight ?

I turned off and on sky on my HD box but the menu is there but nothing, no ability to access channels ... Went through help menu and was prompted to click a button to restart or reboot the box...says will take up to 20 minutes (this was 20 minutes ago) but I’m just staring at an absolutely blank blue screen... ever happened before to anybody ?

Post edited by icdg on

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to satellite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

I had a short lived problem recently with an HD box,the strapline

at the bottom was there but no picture,I did nothing,and it came back.I assumed it was CNN.

It may be unrelated to your problem, I assume your sorted by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yes, was without sky for the evening but the following morning all was back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

As discussed earlier,some channels,like CNN were move to the edge,and I had to relign the dish,but in that case "No satellite sig" would be on the screen.So I guess we might rule that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

My Sky hd box is still on BST, anyone having this problem.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Mine too. I'm out now, so be interesting to see what, if anything, is recorded when I get home!

I wonder would rebooting it knock it into the new time zone? Didn't think of that before I left....

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Same here still on old time

Has anyone tried re-booting the box?

It's going to be a major PITA if it doesn't get fixed quickly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd go with the re-boot by unplugging at the mains and then power up again. Can't see it being corrected automatically before midnight/1am tonight in which case any recordings you have between now and then may fail.

• Advertisement

I'm out till midnight anyway, so can do nothing - but would be interested to hear if anyone else is in a position to give it a go, and see if it works.

If not, I'll be onto Twitter or the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I've not Sky but have Freesat, all my recordings were messed up for today, they recorded what was on an hour after they should, had to delete them all and start again, proper pain. The time did correctly update overnight but seems recordings were still locked on old time reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭swoofer

has it been fixed?? got an answer on digital spy fixed by thursday.

My planner was still all over the place last night when I got home, but all programmes had recorded correctly.

Everything seems the same here. Still out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

My Sky+HD EPG still hasn't adjusted for DST.

What's the story? Anyone else suffering this too?

The clock on my Sky box is still an hour out.

But all the programmes are listed for the wrong times as well (so 6o'c news is listed for 7pm), so it's still recording everything correctly.

It's all a bit discombobulating!

I wonder will they just leave it until the clocks go forward again in the Spring??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭swoofer

see #15 above

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Yep sky were aware and scheduled software update for ast night to fix the issue only sky plus HD boxes had the issue.

Rather then starting a new thread but… down again this morning.

a longtime satisfied Sky customer but seriously….

Looking forward to a do nothing lazy weekend of sport and tv after a stressful week and this ^^^

I take it something just happened to my box as I can’t see anything related to outages online ?

also scrolling through the options with the remote the menu is slow, laggy and at times unresponsive…

Mine is working fine....

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Have you considered contacting Sky about the issue?

Yes I’ll be doing… I was endeavouring to see if it’s a more widespread outage before engaging with them.

I’m guessing it’s not so …

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, have you tried the turn it of, turn it on again trick?

My sky box sits down for no apparent reason every few weeks, but that sorts it out.

has been tried countless times… followed the prompt to turn it off at the mains, wait, turn on again, but nothing…

some wind again so unless that shook something loose outside… my neighbour is working ok… well their sky is.

Think it’s in fact the box not the weather, finally got it to work* as in I have a TV signal. But I can no longer change channel with the remote unless I access the sky menu, which I’m seeing I can’t access now after being able to so who knows, I’ll tinker and call them… I’ve a feeling that the less then 18 months old box is fecked.

*2 reboots later it’s working

Post edited by Strumms on

Advertisement