Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rang Vodafone to cancel as price gone up again but got a deal for 35 a month and then got this!

Options
  • 19-10-2021 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭

Is this real. My contract ended Oct 2019 and today I decided to move to Pure for 35.00 a month and rang VF first. After on phone for a long time got a deal of 35 pm for 12 months but then got got this and my contract date online has changed to April 2023. New contract should be 19th Oct 21 to 18th Oct 22. All I want is simply BB and phone line.

I got though again and it would appear even though the written terms are a template the discount will be applied,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭gipi

Sounds like a 12 month discount on an 18 month contract - VF wouldn't be alone in offering this type of discount, it's all in the small print.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

same happened me last November when I recontracted. Agreed 12 months but contract itself said 18. I did query this with Vodafone and they said it was 12 months and I was able to confirm them when I was logged into MyVodafone on a computer. Might be worth checking there. If it does say 18 months just ring them and get them to update it to 12 months. Shouldn’t be a problem. My contract is up in 2 weeks so your post just reminded me to call to recontract again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭sk8board

I got the same text from VF that my 100mbps bb was going up €5 to €50pm.

ended up using switcher.ie to move to a €30/pm offer from Eir, plus €50 cash back after 2 months, and also 12mnths Amazon prime video, which I’m already paying month by month for, so it’s probably worth another €70 to me and the total cost pm for it all is less than half the VF price over the first 12 months.

got the Eir router yesterday and all speedtests so far are hitting the 75mbps artificial limit in an instant and holding there. VF speed was similar but not as smooth (no technical reason why they wouldn’t be identical).

the Eir router was simple to clone to my powerline extenders around the house too.

Advertisement